Easter at Mount Moffatt NP Qld

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 19:51
ThreadID: 77350 Views:2575 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Well we are off tomorrow to Mount Moffatt, has been an interesting couple of weeks with the rain and all. Rang the Ranger last week and was told it would be opened. So now I am booked in two places for Easter and NP will not give a credit for the other booking, are well Anna needs the money hahahahaha.
It will be interesting though as most of the camp grounds up there are booked out, that is by their on line booking, at one site it had say between 10 to 15 people booked for the whole weekend then three days ago the Saturday was booked out, then the next day the Sunday was booked out and today the Monday was b/o.
A little funny that there is three lots booked for only one day for each, anyway we will find out I suppose, but the big secret is Sir Kev is coming with us hahahaha
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 20:00

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 20:00
sssssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

It is a lot closer (read cheaper) than heading the other way especially after my EXPENSIVE trip to Lightning Ridge a fortnight ago ;)

See ya tomorrow.

That's if the MU makes it ;)

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 411218

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 20:45

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 20:45
behave
FollowupID: 681310

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 20:50

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 20:50
If it keeps raining out there we may need mud tyres ;)

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 681313

Follow Up By: Isuzumu - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 21:04

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 21:04
Its raining here now to, looks like we could get a bit as well. Anyway rain hail or shine I am going even if I have to set in the pub inInjune all weekend hahahahaha
FollowupID: 681321

Follow Up By: kev.h - Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 21:49

Wednesday, Mar 31, 2010 at 21:49
If there has even been the hint of rain stay in the pub. We went Easter 2 yrs ago at Injune they said "only had about 2mm you'll be right" i think they lied if was more like 5mm and we were all over the road like drunken sailors even at 20 klm/hr if you moved off the crown you headed straight for the table drain if was like driving on marbles - took 5hrs Injune to Mt Moffat - 24 hrs later the road was as dusty as any dirt road
Realy great spot you'll enjoy it, most of the roads in the park are OK even when wet its just the road in
Cheers Kev
FollowupID: 681328

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 07:28

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 07:28
Sounds like the road to my parents place then Kev LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 681350

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 08:58

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 08:58
Enjoy.

We were there a while ago, just after 200mm over a week.
First in.

The road to the cave was over the ridge and black soil, only got about 2km down it, slipping and sliding every where, and that was slightly down hill.
Turned around before it got too steep, and just made it back up the hill.

The track out to the point overlooking Canarvon follows the ridge and is more stony than clay, but a few small patches of clay. Well worth the drive for the views. We made a day of it.

The main track around the park at creek level is mainly sandy, so no problems.
AnswerID: 411260

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 09:29

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 09:29
John,

We'll be right Darkie will tow Bruce out when needed LOL

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 681355

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 21:07

Thursday, Apr 01, 2010 at 21:07
You drove past CHINCHILLA and didn't call in LOL

See ya bright and early at Dulacca in the morning

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 411346

Sponsored Links