Do I need to change shockies for 40mm lift?

Submitted: Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 17:26
ThreadID: 77403 Views:2697 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
As stated above - if I lift my D-max 40 - 45mm (thats all I can get apparently) do I need to change the shocks aswell?
One company saying the standards are fine, another saying I have to change them to longer aftermarket shocks ( its seems funny to me that he only wants to fit his shop brand shocks though...)
The standard shocks only have 3000km's on them so don't want to change if I don't have to - only doing light 4x4 stuff, not heavy use.

Thanks in advance, Keith
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Outback Gazz - Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 08:48

Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 08:48
G'day Stumbly - I would suggest putting new shocks on ! I got a 50 mm lift on my Rodeo by using one of "THE" big brands suspension and I cannot praise the package enough ! You would be amazed at the improved handling both on and off road - standard shockers are designed to just last the warrantee and only cost the car company about $10 each. After fitting the new springs and shocks all round I could fit 265/75/16 tyres which combined with the suspension gave me 75mm more clearance than standard - goes everywhere now ! You might only do light 4x4 stuff but get the new shocks just for the improved on road handling - worth the money I say !

Cheers

Gazz
AnswerID: 411502

Sponsored Links