Stolen Troopcarrier

Submitted: Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 22:16
ThreadID: 77415 Views:4525 Replies:8 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
First time submiting on the forum and not to be a happy topic.
Had my 2005 HDJ78R Troopcarrier stolen from Southport , Gold Coast on Tuesday.
Could be anywhere by now, and the police are indicating someone must have had a special order for this type of vehicle as they have not had "many" troopies stolen in the past. Vehicle was fitted with all the usual accesories and was planning on heading off to the Simpson Desert for this years trip. Probably not.

Anyway if anyone sees a white Troopy RV on the side of the road with 489LQS plates on it, please let me know.

Regards and make sure you chain your 4WD to a large tree when you leave it parked on the side of a busy road.

Would like to included some photos of the stolen 4WD (taken at Cape Melville last November) but still trying to learn the ropes. Suggestions welcome
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kanga1 - Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 22:27

Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 22:27
Mate I'm gutted for you, the factory turbo Troopy are real hard to get, I hope you get a break and turns up unharmed. Kanga.
Tempus Fugit

Kanga.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 411473

Reply By: one lost troopy - Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 22:34

Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 22:34
Thanks Kanga 1
Ive got my fingers crossed
The photes l am trying to post also have a TVan connected on the back of the troopy..
We both seem to have good taste.
To bad some people dont feel they need to save up there own money and buy there own $WD
AnswerID: 411474

Reply By: Member - Allan B (QLD) - Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 23:10

Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 23:10
That's rotten mate.

I've noted the rego and will keep a watch as I am nearby on Sunshine Coast.

How did they get away with it? Was it locked up? Immobiliser?

To post photos, click on "Post reply" under your original post and type your message,then click on "Insert Image" and "Choose File" of an image. Important to then type a "Description" (can be one word) then click "Load". Repeat "Insert Image" etc for each photo.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 411480

Reply By: one lost troopy - Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 23:20

Friday, Apr 02, 2010 at 23:20
Thanks Allan
Car was locked and also had a steering lock/bar attached.
Parked on a busy street in the middle of the day.
Stolen while l was at work.
Its why the police believe it was a professional job.

Have tried attaching some photo's but l am only a visitor to the site and don't seem to have the options you described- but thanks anyway

AnswerID: 411484

Follow Up By: DIO - Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 10:21

Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 10:21
Most vehicles stolen are locked and many are fitted with steering locks yet it is not professionals (if there's such a person - I always thought they were dole bludging, dope smokers who hated their parents and wore jeans with holes in the knees). Such vehicle is easy to remove using a tilt tray and usually wouldn't attract any attention regardless of where parked or what time of the day. You haven't included any reference to a Police report number. A good idea as if/when anyone reports a sighting to Police (doesn't matter which State) the report number will provide them with immediate access to all releveant details of the 'misappropriation'. You'll need it for your insurance Company too.
FollowupID: 681577

Follow Up By: Member - Allan B (QLD) - Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 11:27

Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 11:27
So DIO, I guess what you are saying is that locking-up, steering lock-bars, engine immobilisers, will not save your vehicle if it is a determined thief with the appropriate resources. Alarms do not seem to help as people think either it is a false alarm or they just do not wish to get involved. Maybe an alarm so darned loud and fires flares into the air such as to attract police notice and then maybe suffer a fine for infringing noise laws? Leaving a savage dog inside the vehicle is not appropriate for humane reasons.

As a law enforcement officer, do you have any advice of precautions an owner may take to protect his vehicle from these villains?

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 681582

Follow Up By: Nargun51 - Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 12:04

Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 12:04
Most thefts are committed by oportunists, normal sensible precautions are enough (lock doors, security alarms, immobalisers etc is enough)...anything that slows them down, draws attention to themselves or makes it difficult for them to get away is enough.

However, if anybody really wants to take it and has the time, energy and resources to do it it will be stolen.

Short of living in a steel box with all your possessions within reach, its a sad fact of life.

Do a risk analysis, take reasonable precautions and insure appropriately
FollowupID: 681586

Follow Up By: BuggerBoggedAgain - Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 22:01

Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 22:01
Whenever I left my vehicle I use to take my rotor button with me, like, how many crooks carry a rotor button on themselves

What can you take today from your engine thats easy to take out and put back in but won't start motor
FollowupID: 681682

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 00:58

Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 00:58
This bloke was seen down in SE Qld , maybe he's not up here at all.

KILLER ON LOOSE

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 411494

Reply By: one lost troopy - Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 10:45

Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 10:45
Hi DIO,
Thanks for the advice
The police file number is QP1000 - 360220.
Southport (QLD) police station phone number is 07 55714222
Some info regarding the stolen vehicle which may help anyone who may think they are buying a good deal is:
Model: HDJ 78 (6 cylinder Toyota factory turbo version)
Year: 12/2005
Approximate kilometres when stolen: 71000 Kms
Some of the accessories include: bull bar, 9000lb super winch, hella 1000 spots,
side bars, UHF & HF brackets on bull bar, Towbar with Hi lift jack brackets welded on ends, tinted windows, white rims with cooper 265/75R16 tyres and much much more.
AnswerID: 411509

Reply By: Member - Trouper (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 16:49

Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 16:49
I think I'd just die if my troopy was stolen. I've just spent $10,000 on her getting a 3rd door fitted pus new rear seats, I'll be ringing the insurance co. tomorrow re upgrading.
Sorry for your loss

Regards ............Jeff
PS there's a blog re the conversion
AnswerID: 411637

Follow Up By: Member - Trouper (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 16:50

Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 16:50
Sorry it's not a pus bucket!!!!

regards.........Jeff
FollowupID: 681659

Reply By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 11:32

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 11:32
Good luck Mate, sorry for your loss.

I spoke to a couple of Police officers regarding a vehicle that looked like mine, they weren't interested in going around and checking the vehicle, they wanted all of the numbers of the vehicle, ie, gearbox number, chassis number, diff numbers.

If i didn't have those to stop wasting there time.

Same goes with a report i tried to give them about domestic violence, didn't want to know about it then, still don't want to know about it know.

Don't get me wrong There are some good coppers out there still.

AnswerID: 411798

Sponsored Links