EOTrackMe

Submitted: Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 17:41
ThreadID: 77428 Views:2736 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
The last news letter made reference to EOTrackMe. Does anyone know if this is up and running yet for EO members. If it is how do we access it ? Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony V (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 19:35

Saturday, Apr 03, 2010 at 19:35
Found it, don't yet know how to use itEOTrackMe
AnswerID: 411549

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 09:42

Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 09:42
George,
We are in the final stages of setting this product up for release. This week coming there is a ballooning event starting (Tuesday and running to Sunday) were the EOTrackMe system will be tracking the progress of up to 18 balloons. This is one of the final tests that we are running and during this coming week I will be able to put the finishing touches on the user interface and device setup areas. I am hoping to release the iPhone version this coming week and then get the Symbian system up and running with expectation that it will be released officially in the next newsletter. We are also working on an OziExplorer plug in so that we can take feeds directly from Ozi users also (via live connection or store and forward). So hopefully this answers your questions and you will be able to load it up and run live in the next couple of weeks.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 411584

Follow Up By: Member - George (WA) - Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 11:49

Sunday, Apr 04, 2010 at 11:49
Thanks David, as you have probably noticed, I am very keen to use EOTrackMe.
We will be going on an extended trip around Aus. shortly and it would be great to use EOTrackMe so our friends and relatives can follow our progress. Cheers
FollowupID: 681641

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:50

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 12:50
George,
I am working on the system now getting it finalised for release in it's phase one device mode. Can you tell me what device/s you are wanting to use please?
David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 681831

Follow Up By: Member - George (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 13:31

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 13:31
Hi David, I have a Nokia N95 mobile phone, Oziexplorer or Garmin GPSmap 60 CSx. Are anyone of these suitable ? Cheers
FollowupID: 681833

Follow Up By: Member - Chris & Debbie (QLD) - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 14:42

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 14:42
Hi David,
What are the chances of ever pairing up with a HF provider such as HFoZ where a postion being sent over hf radio could be shown on EOTrackMe? Instead of just thier maps where people have to know your log in details to follow your travels.
Chris
Coddiwomple (v.) To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.

Classifieds: Codan Envoy HF Radio X1 for sale

FollowupID: 681841

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 16:21

Tuesday, Apr 06, 2010 at 16:21
Would be easy enough from my end to hook up that service - I just need them to send me the position or make the positions available on the Internet in some fashion. I will be doing similar with Spot where I will go periodically and grab the recent history for a user to show on the EOTrackMe system. We are adding a heap of functions under the tracking system intergation to blogs etc so there are more reasons to have the data on EOTrackMe than some other system but I would need the data either sent to me or made available from HFoz. You could ask them if the data can be sent to other servers or if it is available via some form of feed and see what response you get?
David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 681855

Sponsored Links