wrangler duratrac?

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 17:30
ThreadID: 77690 Views:4108 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Time to put new tyres on our Troopy before the CSR trip. Has anyone had experience with Wrangler DuraTrac as that is what I am leaning towards, with my second choice as BFG AT. Wranglers seem to have a good tread pattern somewhere between an AT and Mud tyre. I know we all have our opinions when it comes to tyres so I am hoping to get some first hand feedback from someone who has had off road experince with these tyres.

Thanks, dennis.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fatso - Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 17:20

Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 17:20
The son bought 6 for his D22 Navara & loves them.
He has only done a few thousand ks on them so far.
He & his mates are into real 4 wheel driving (low range tracks) & reckons they are gripping better than most of his mates tyres.
Pretty quiet on the road as well.
AnswerID: 412915

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 19:17

Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 19:17
I've not used the Duratrac, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a trip such as the CSR, especially if you are still running skinny tyres. They look too aggressive for sand. The MTRs I had in the past were not good in sand - needed to air down an extra 5psi, but they were a nice strong tyre.

What size you are running?
AnswerID: 412933

Follow Up By: Member DZ- Thursday, Apr 15, 2010 at 07:23

Thursday, Apr 15, 2010 at 07:23
Phil,
Running 265 75 16, thanks for your reply. I am hopeful that if I go with the duratrac that they turn out to be a strong tyre, but they have not been around all that long so it is hard to get feed back. Not keen to use the CSR as a test bed hence my second tyre preference.

thanks, dennis

FollowupID: 683010

Reply By: Robin Miller - Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 19:31

Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 19:31
Our tyre dealer reccomended them actually , but when I had a good look I felt the outer tread blocks were a little close to-gether.

Have choice of a few wheels sets , but for our CSR trip will be getting another set of BFGAT, backed up with set of chains.

BFGAT actually normally rate poorly in sand , but CSR isn't that sandy and most important consideration for us is the thousands of KM's of dirt gravel roads and this is where the BFGAT wins.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 412934

Sponsored Links