Totally O/T but it does relate to Tourism, and information

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 18:00
ThreadID: 77692 Views:2367 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Gidday

I’m trying to get my head around iPhone Apps. I had a very long conversation with the CEO of ATDW today, and was quoted $20.000 to produce an Application. She told me to look at what the NT and QLD Government have done recently.

Whilst it’s emerging technology, I’d be interested in hearing the opinions of others and their experience, or interest in using this medium.

Exploroz may also want to consider the possibilities.

Regards

Kim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 18:39

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 18:39
I dont reckon its off topic Kim, its about communications and using technology to makes things different (its not always better).

I reckon an app that can connect with other 4WD's in the area could revolutionise comms and stuff. Imagine the possibilities of an iPad and EO apps and Ozi hmm I may need to see the bank.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 412781

Follow Up By: Kim and Damn Dog - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 19:15

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 19:15
Thanks Bonz

I’m expecting a proposal within the next two weeks and I’ll share it with everyone.

Things are going great guns down here, the local community is full of energy and things are starting to happen.

More of that later.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 682826

Reply By: Member - Kingsley N (SA) - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 23:01

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 23:01
Kim,

I am sure there are plenty yet to be invented. The one that I have seen is the spirit level
here

It would be handy for caravaners instead of hunting for that little glass bubble thingy when setting up your van! Apparently it uses the accelerometer function on Iphone and Ipod Touch.

I have also seen a radio controlled helicopter flying under the control of an Iphone App (plus a bit of hardware. So there are many possibilities.

Just the way that the things scroll would be great for an interface to a navigational system.

Kingo
AnswerID: 412838

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 23:06

Tuesday, Apr 13, 2010 at 23:06
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Inappropriate Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 682869

Follow Up By: Member Brian (Gold Coast) - Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 06:47

Wednesday, Apr 14, 2010 at 06:47
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Inappropriate Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 682876

Reply By: Jude&theboys - Thursday, Apr 15, 2010 at 19:28

Thursday, Apr 15, 2010 at 19:28
I love my iphone - the origin reason for getting it was that when the boys and I are camping I have family/friends who tend to wonder if we are ok - and well when the boys go to bed I have to stay near the tent and am usually on my own. With the help of my iphone I can be on facebook and tell my friends/family I'm ok, I can check out the net and find out what's around or simply play a game. I think there is heaps of potential for iphone apps...but then many of my friends have them - don't know how many people on here use them?
AnswerID: 413048

Sponsored Links