Chuckwagon Storage System

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 24, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 777 Views:6014 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
After having a steel drawer type storage system for the past few years I can vouch for their ruggedness and reliability. However the _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx are heavy and difficult to remove/replace if the third row of seats is occasionally required.The chuckwagon concept appeals to me as it appears easy to install/remove.Any comments?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ruth Doyle, Birdsville - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2002 at 01:00
I had a Chuckwagon built for my 100 series and I can't live without it now. We do a fair amount of camping and usually withoutselves and two large Labradors - and the Chuckwagon - so we can't use the back seat. Without the dogs we could.
We use a Freedom tent which sits on top of the chuckwagon, the two fold up chairs and tarp go on top of that. The best part is hooting along, stop for a cuppa, open the back door, drop the table down and enjoy. Now, I can't get the Chuckwagon in by myself and it does require special tie downs to anchor it(that why they invented husbands). You can have any combination you want - I chose to have 2 x 20 litre waterbottles in the middle (because we go into the Simpson a lot)and a 29l Engel (pull out) on the right. The only mistake I made was the steel draw above the Engel should have been across the top of the water bottles as well. I have 6 plastic _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx (two deep) on the left hand side packed with everything we need (that includes candle sticks etc. and tinned tucker)and 2 plastic _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx under the water bottles - 8 all up. I found the company very obliging and they will make to fit your model and in any combination. Best of luck.
AnswerID: 2200

Follow Up By: Carol - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2002 at 01:00

Ruth, can you please give me information on how to contact the Chuckwagon people - sounds like this storage system is just what I am looking for. Many thanks Carol
FollowupID: 783

Reply By: Ruth Doyle - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2002 at 01:00

Carol, eventually found the company called Australian 4WD Storage Systems in Adelaide and the guy to talk to is the owner - Kryn Buitendyk.
11 Nylex Avenue, Salisbury South SA 5106
Ph (08) 8250 2365 Fx (08) 82502299
email: chuckwagon@obtero.net
web: www.obtero.net/chuckwagon
Good luck.
Ruth
AnswerID: 2207

Sponsored Links