Travel Insurance

Submitted: Friday, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:28
ThreadID: 77753 Views:2104 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Travelling around Australia for 12 months. We have insurance on the car and camper but can any one recommend some one who will insure 'things'?

We don't have a home insurance policy (because we don't own one) and will be more or less homeless for the next year. I want to cover things like my tools, cameras, laptop, solar gear etc etc. Looking for around $10k cover any ideas appreciated


Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, Apr 16, 2010 at 13:16

Friday, Apr 16, 2010 at 13:16
Try Affinity insurance Brokers 1300 655 850

I have my Car and Caravan insured through them and also $11,000 of "contents" covered "anywhere" in Australia.

Was with Suncorp who wouldnt give contents insurance as like you I sold my house.

They would insure stuff in an unlockable annexe but if I put it in my locked and alarmed car they wouldnt.

Makes a lot of sense doesnt it

Dont know if Affinity will help on just that but they were the best price in all cases and covered additional accessories.

They are $369 cheaper for my van than CIL's quote yesterday
AnswerID: 413140

Reply By: Moose - Friday, Apr 16, 2010 at 15:35

Friday, Apr 16, 2010 at 15:35
Have you asked your car and camper insurer?
AnswerID: 413154

Reply By: Jude&theboys - Saturday, Apr 17, 2010 at 13:44

Saturday, Apr 17, 2010 at 13:44
most insurers will allow you to have a contents policy even when you don't own the home, mine has an allowance for things anywhere, some items like laptops need to be listed. I'd ask the insurer you have for your van.
AnswerID: 413279

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)