"the green interior" from Bundy ?

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 18, 2010 at 13:04
ThreadID: 77805 Views:2787 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Folks,

Please think "from in 6 weeks time & for a month" We have 2 weeks lay time then a 3 week OS trip (to mark an important number) in the way.

SWMBO has agreed to try leaving the caravan at home and just taking the Patrol west ( not too much east of Bundy) with camping gear and whatever else we can carry both inside the 4 track and on top of in a roof basket.

Yesterday's Australian and today's Brisbane Sunday Mail highlight the opportunity to see the green interior. Any target ideas from Bundy to Bundy and aiming for a month or 6 weeks away.

Obviously tar top is fine but we are not set up for extreme off road nor have any experience of it. Just a conventional Patrol 3 litre diesel with about 135l litre capacity for fuel between drinks.

Thanks
Benny
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tour Boy ( Bundy QLD) - Sunday, Apr 18, 2010 at 14:53

Sunday, Apr 18, 2010 at 14:53
Try the Salvator Rosa section of the Carnarvon NP west of Springsure or Mt Moffit, Lake Nuga Nuga there are lots of places around that are fairly remote but plenty of cattle stations around if you get into trouble (which you shouldn't) Call the NP ranger in springsure or look up the parks on the net.

Cheers
Dave
Cheers,
Dave
2010 Isuzu FTS800 Expedition camper
2015 Fortuner
Had 72 cruisers in my time

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 413420

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Sunday, Apr 18, 2010 at 17:05

Sunday, Apr 18, 2010 at 17:05
Muttaburra currently green as , free camping at the broadwater , yellowbelly are biting , new shop opened yesterday after 15mths without one.
AnswerID: 413445

Sponsored Links