Cape Farquhar, Western Australia

Submitted: Monday, Apr 19, 2010 at 00:23
ThreadID: 77832 Views:6978 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all
Can anyone tell me about Cape Farquhar & if it is worth a visit. I plan to stay at Gnarrloo & we think we may visit the cape. Someone also told me there are locked gates along the track. Any information would be great.
Cheers Tooley

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: greenextreme - Monday, Apr 19, 2010 at 22:16

Monday, Apr 19, 2010 at 22:16
Tooley, only way to visit is by boat. Adjacent stations keep gates locked making track access impossible. Is it worth a visit ......not really...there are better places north and south for diving, snorkelling, fishing, surfing, kiting and beaching. The Cape is also a biosphere meaning authorities prefer no one goes there keeping it natural, intact and pristine. Hope this helps.
AnswerID: 413588

Reply By: greenextreme - Monday, Apr 19, 2010 at 22:17

Monday, Apr 19, 2010 at 22:17
Tooley, only way to visit is by boat. Adjacent stations keep gates locked making track access impossible. Is it worth a visit ......not really...there are better places north and south for diving, snorkelling, fishing, surfing, kiting and beaching. The Cape is also a biosphere meaning authorities prefer no one goes there keeping it natural, intact and pristine. Hope this helps.
AnswerID: 413589

Reply By: Member - Andrew (WA) - Monday, Apr 19, 2010 at 22:48

Monday, Apr 19, 2010 at 22:48
I've been all the way along the coast from Gnarloo to Coral bay. Great trip but no better than just exploring the parts around Warra station, like 14 mile beach and other coastal spots on the station. Except for the exclusiveness I guess, that was pretty special camping out at Cape Farquar itself overnight. The Weather is waht makes it a good or bad trip in those parts.

You can only get North of Gnarloo with permission of the lease holders and you need keys for the gates.

Last I heard they had stopped giving permission when new owners took over about 4 years back. Apparently concerned about civil litigation and insurance issues etc.

You can get all the info you need by ringing Gnarloo Station. Maybe things have changed since I was last there around 2007.

Good luck.
AnswerID: 413591

Sponsored Links