New Oztent 'Jet' brand tent on the market ...

Submitted: Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 12:49
ThreadID: 77951 Views:14226 Replies:3 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Went to the Supershow and saw new tent designs on the market made by Oztent.
Was impressed with the different design!

Only arrived in Australia a few days ago!

Was told it won't be until July that they will start selling the 'Jet' tents.

Similar to blackwolf but much bigger awning designs, options just like Oztent! :-)

Same materials and quality as they have on Oztent.

Did anyone see these tents at the show? I love it but will wait for a little while longer to hear reviews from serious campers on their thoughts of it.

If the reviews are positive, I sure as hell will be buying one!

Got a feeling there will be a lot of Blackwolf owners buying the oztent 'Jet' tents. Will be interesting to see what will happen when it comes on the market!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rocco2010 - Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 13:21

Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 13:21
Gidday

Always great to see new gear on the market but I don't quite get the logic of your last par. Maybe you have more money for camping gear than me.

Unless the 'jet' is twice as good and half the price I won't be giving up my Blackwolf any time soon.

Not just trying to give 'em a plug are you?

Cheers

Rocco
AnswerID: 414034

Follow Up By: TerraFirma - Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 13:29

Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 13:29
I detect some loyality to your Blackwolf which is expected. I too don't understand the last comment and I am an Oztent owner. To be expected I suppose as a "JET" beats a "WOLF" anyday..! LOL
FollowupID: 684248

Follow Up By: rocco2010 - Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 13:52

Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 13:52
Gidday TerraFirma

Loyalty is a curious thing ... it can be bought!

I was hot to buy an Oztent but had reservations about the packed size in relation to the car I had at the time so I went away to think about it a bit.

Then I found a camping store having a closing down sale! The Blackwolf price was too good to resist and it fitted in the boot. The money I saved paid for a few weekends away!

I think both are fine products

Cheers

FollowupID: 684252

Follow Up By:- Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 14:17

Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 14:17
Not giving them a plug. Just thought some might be interested to know about the new oztents 'Jet' coming on the market soon in July.

Just so you know I just bought a Blackwolf because it has been around for a long time with positive reports & many happy owners. I went with them because Blackwolf have been around for a long time. Jet just came out and I was too scared to go ahead with it.

If you saw the 'Jets' awing size, you will be thinking like I am. I know years down the track when I hear a lot about the 'Jet' reviews from those that have owned it .... I definetely will buy the 'Jet' because of the awning size.

The awning size on the 3x3m 'Jet' tent was 2.5mx3m!!!! Bigger than the Oztent and Blackwolf!
FollowupID: 684256

Follow Up By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 14:38

Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 14:38
Howdy

I went to the same show last Sunday, with 3 main things in mind.

I wanted to check out the RV-4, an A-van for down the track sometime, and a turbo tent, (Turbo 270).

Couldn't find a Turbo, just the Jet tent......... not my cup of tea,( well, not what I had seen on a promo vid), but to each, his or her own.

I guess it's a personal thing,,, what you like, I may not, but thats what makes the world go round.

RV-4 looks like my next investment, wasn't happy with the Jet ( 2 different styles of tent, I know), a bit disappointed I couldn't find a turbo,,,,, maybe superceded?

Bigger awning? well, depends what you need. I am looking for more compact, downsizing. Good luck and fun with your choice,

Cheers Dave

FollowupID: 684263

Follow Up By: IdahOz - Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 16:44

Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 16:44
We LOVE our RV4. Obviously it takes more than 30 seconds to set the whole thing up, but it IS quick and easy. We love the options and have the peaked side panels and extra front panel so that we can have 2 full rooms if we want. We are awaiting delivery of our foxwing and plan to zip them together for even more options. Haven't seen the 'jet,' anyone got a link to it?
FollowupID: 684268

Follow Up By: Member - Tony Z (NSW) - Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 21:06

Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 21:06
Hi Bushwackers
I was at the same show on Saturday and watched a demo on the Jet ( putting it up and pulling it down) seemed to be a "copy" of the Turbo, and there were Turbo 240 / 270/ 300 canvas and the lite on display, not far from the Jet display on the grass. I bought a 300 canvas for $845. I like the smaller packed size than the oz tent as said before just throw it in the back not on the roof
FollowupID: 684296

Follow Up By: Member - The Bushwhackers -NSW - Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 22:35

Friday, Apr 23, 2010 at 22:35
Bugger, Tony, be damned if I could find it!

Would have liked to have a look, I saw all the others you mentioned. We have a C/T, but looking at options for those trips where there are a lot of 'stop overnight, head off in the mornings'. Something quick to set up/ pull down, only really required for sleeping. I don't have my mind made up, thats why I wanted to see both th RV and Turbo first hand and compare.

Maybe next time, or up here at the Maitland camping show in May. You got a good deal by the sound of it.

Cheers, Dave

FollowupID: 684311

Reply By: Member - Don M- Saturday, Apr 24, 2010 at 06:03

Saturday, Apr 24, 2010 at 06:03
With respect to the initial post '...only arrived in Australia a few days ago...'

Not sure what this means but the OzTent is Australian designed and made, so doesn't arrive in Australia from anywhere else. Secondly, I have looked at their website and no mention of a 'JET' tent in their range.

Are you sure you are not confusing it with Oz Trail, as a few posters on this forum seem to do??

AnswerID: 414098

Follow Up By: rocco2010 - Saturday, Apr 24, 2010 at 10:40

Saturday, Apr 24, 2010 at 10:40
Hello Don

I think Oztents have been made in China for a while now and that is not to in any way denigrate the product.

At least one on-line camping shop's site refers to the Oztent Jet tent as "coming soon" And that is Oztent, not Oz Trail.

I guess that means on the boat.

Cheers

Rocco

FollowupID: 684349

Follow Up By:- Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 14:16

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 14:16
Hi Don,

I was told by the Oztent salespeople at the Show when they went through the whole set up etc of the new 'Jet' tents. That it arrived in Australia a few days ago on the ship from China.
That is what they said. They are Australian designed but made in China.

Not confusing Oztrail with Oztent. They are Oztent definetely.

Cheers
FollowupID: 684427

Reply By: molzy - Saturday, Apr 24, 2010 at 07:43

Saturday, Apr 24, 2010 at 07:43
would love to see a pic or link, sounds just what we are after for us and the kids!
AnswerID: 414104

Follow Up By:- Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 14:12

Sunday, Apr 25, 2010 at 14:12
There is no link or pics of it at the moment. ONly arrived a week ago.
The Oztent salespeople went through the whole process with us and I reckon you should send an email or call the Oztent salespeople and hopefully they can send you or link you to some info on the new 'Jet' style tent made by Oztent.
FollowupID: 684425

Sponsored Links