Tourer Tents Which One?

Submitted: Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 17:14
ThreadID: 78016 Views:3971 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Please help have been looking at buying a tourer tent Southern cross, Freedom nice but expensive looked at the Oztrail as well also the Tanbar Outdoor connection will be sleeping 4 travelling from Gold Coast to Cairns if anybody has any advise on tents or good spots to go to would be great cheer,s all
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rumpig - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 17:43

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 17:43
plenty about will swear by the more expensive brands, but we have one of the older model Oztrail tourer 9 tents. we bought it back in 2006 and spent 5 weeks up in Cape York in it to "break it in", we have done other shorter trips in it aswell over the past years and will be heading to The Simpson with it later this year.
we have 4 in our family (2 adults and 2 young kids 2 & 7 yrs old), and find it suits our needs well enough. i'm sure some of the other more expensive brands might last longer overall or are maybe slightly quicker to erect, but i couldn't justify spending the extra $$$ when what we have purchased does the job just fine.
the one downside to this tent is it packs up quite large IMHO (not high but overall area is large), but i throw it up on the roofrack so it's size isn't of concern to me. if space is at a premium you may need to take this into consideration though and consider how much room all the tents take up when packed back in their bags.
AnswerID: 414359

Reply By: Member - GRANT HID(NSW) - Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 20:47

Monday, Apr 26, 2010 at 20:47
Hi,
You can't go wrong with a southern cross tent,we bought a second 1 hand 3yrs ago and we have used it for weekend trips,lake eyre,kimberly we will have it for many years to come.i do not regret spending more on a second hand tent than i could have bought a new tent for.

Cheers, Grant
AnswerID: 414387

Reply By:- Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:33

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 11:33
Hi,

COI tourer tents are great too. A little more expensive than Oztrail - quality is better on the COI (IMO).
I am selling one in Trader, only used 8 times.Check it out - http://www.exploroz.com/Trader/Camping_Gear.aspx

Cheers
AnswerID: 414444

Reply By: Secret Mens Business - Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 15:48

Tuesday, Apr 27, 2010 at 15:48
Oztent and Black Wolf both have great tourer tents. I personally love the Oztent but I don't think anyone would disagree these are 2 of the most popular.
AnswerID: 414467

Sponsored Links