Fraser Island - current beach conditions

G'day

A few of us are off to spend the long weekend at Happy Valley on Fraser.I would appreciate any reports on current beach conditions & fishing reports if anyone has been there recently

Thanks in advance & yes I'm aware of the DERM conditions site

Graham
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: chisel - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 14:00

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 14:00
I was just at happy valley myself a week and a half ago. Beach is pretty good at low tide and not too bad at high tide. You should be able to get around hook pt at least 2 hours before/after low tide I think - maybe more since wind has dropped off this week. (Suggest you check with ferry guys anyway)

Inland tracks are a bit rough and slow. Not soft or boggy though - just the potholes are painful in places making for a slow trip.
Indian head was a breeze while I was there - it had been raining. Should still be fine I reckon. I didn't go past Champagne pools so can't comment on the tracks further up. Apparently Ngkala is passable and not too difficult at the moment.

I had no trouble pulling a few dart out of whatever gutter I got the chance to fish in. Didn't try for anything else as I only had very limited fishing time. Plenty of pippies and worms around.
You might get some more info from the guys on ausfish.

Dingoes are quite active and fairly bold at the moment.
AnswerID: 414590

Reply By: Member Brian (Gold Coast) - Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 17:06

Wednesday, Apr 28, 2010 at 17:06
Graham,

4WD Qld's annual clean up is on this weekend. We'll be there for that, although our club is camping down past Eurong.
Might see you there!

Cheers

Brian

AnswerID: 414605

Follow Up By: Sea-Dog - Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 16:04

Thursday, Apr 29, 2010 at 16:04
We will be there this weekend with the Caloundra City 4x4 club also.... :)

Not sure where we are camping though.. will find that out when i get there. haha
FollowupID: 684891

Sponsored Links