Coaster 4wd

Submitted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 at 20:46
ThreadID: 78172 Views:2643 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I notice someone was interested in the factory Coaster 4wd, I've got one, if they still have any questions, ask away!

It does have low range in the box I think, it's not connected, there is a lever hanging out of the side. I just haven't figured out how to work it yet, I've been too busy on other stuff.

Trev
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Andrew (QLD) - Sunday, May 02, 2010 at 20:53

Sunday, May 02, 2010 at 20:53
I take it you saw this blog then? ;) http://www.exploroz.com/Members/77141/2/2010/4WD_Toyota_Coaster_Build_up.aspx

Andrew
AnswerID: 415146

Follow Up By: Trevtassie - Sunday, May 02, 2010 at 21:10

Sunday, May 02, 2010 at 21:10
Nope, was trawling around and saw something archived from Feb, that looked like it had unanswered queries, but it was archived.

I'm still to seriously fiddle with the 4wd Coaster, got it last year and parked it up. Picked it up in Queensland and drove it to Tassie, I can tell you it goes like the clappers (especially since it's constant 4wd) and doesn't have much rust. I have the toyota EPC parts discs but haven't been able to figure out the unconnected lever hanging out the side of the box yet, mostly because I haven't even registered it yet so haven't bothered.

I did fiddle with the suspension travel on the rear however and I reckon I can get rid of most of the wheel arches since they are a hangover from the 2wd.

The bottom of the door is going to go too...slice it off and put an electric step on.

Trev
FollowupID: 685327

Follow Up By: Member - Tour Boy ( Bundy QLD) - Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 08:27

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 08:27
You can get the lower side door section from an aussie version and the aussie door as well to raise the body back up if you are worried about tearing it off. Call Dwayne at Zebra Wreckers in Gracemere Qld if you can't find a wercker locally.

Sorry I can't tell you exactly how the hook up the low range in the Dyna Transfer case as I haven't crawled under one in the flesh.

Cheers
Dave
Cheers,
Dave
2010 Isuzu FTS800 Expedition camper
2015 Fortuner
Had 72 cruisers in my time

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 685470

Follow Up By: Trevtassie - Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 17:49

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 17:49
I'm going to ditch the bifold door completely and replace it with a Aussie Traveller security door anyway, there's a nice little lip that it will screw onto perfectly, and the top track unbolts, which gives more head room.

There's not quite enough detail for the gearbox on the Coaster section of the Toyota Parts Catalogue, I'm going to check out the megacruiser section to see if that has anything on the High Low arrangement and how it works.
FollowupID: 685502

Sponsored Links