Carnarvon Range

Submitted: Sunday, May 02, 2010 at 23:39
ThreadID: 78178 Views:2585 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
As Calvert range appears to be not accessible thought we would try a side trip to carnarvon range on way up stock route.
Can anyone enlighten me on "serpentine gorge" and "yamada waterhole" any other info would be appreciated such as suitable camp sites for 7 vehicles.
We would do a tripout from well 5and spend a day may be another night out there

Cheers
Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jimbo (WA) - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 16:57

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 16:57
Hi Richard, I was at carnarvon Range last year, and like you I entered from Well 5 on the CSR.

I've just downloaded my track onto OziExplorer and had a look, and I went right through "Yamada Waterhole" on the way to Virgin Springs and don't remember anything being there. (The waterhole could be there, but it's not obvious or signposted). I can't find "Serpentine Gorge" on any of my maps, so I'm not sure where that is.... lots of help so far, I know!!

What I can tell you is that there is a great spot that will easily fit 7 vehicles at "Serpents Glen". If you like to stop and look at stuff rather than just drive by, you'll find that Well 5 to Serpents Glen is a days drive with lots of stuff to see and explore. If you are going to spend more time at Carnarvon Range, then Talbot (or Tommy's) Rockhole and Virgin Springs are also well worth seeing.

If I can help with waypoints etc please let me know

AnswerID: 415233

Follow Up By: Member - Richard L (WA) - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 18:01

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 18:01
Hi Jimbo...............thanks for that info just what I was after.......I also could'nt find "serpentine gorge" I think my mate must be confusing "serpents glen" with this...........thanks again Jimbo

cheers
Richard
FollowupID: 685409

Sponsored Links