Retirees wanting work as they travel?

Submitted: Monday, May 03, 2010 at 08:47
ThreadID: 78184 Views:4032 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend where to advertise for semi-retirees that may want work as they travel?

We are looking for an experienced builder/handyman and wondered if we fill our vacancy with someone who was travelling and maybe wanted a few months work at a time. It could be a full time position in all seriousness but probably more suitable for a more casual set up.

I've looked on Gumtree and they likes of some other websites but our location is 3 hours south of Adelaide and I find Gumtree has huge success for backpackers from overseas and that is not necessarily the right person for the job ...

This isn't trying to be an advert so I shan't put loads of info on but more a plea for help from the great travelling masses that requent this forum!!

Thanks in advance!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 09:02

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 09:02
Have a look here here where you will find a lot of grey nomads looking for work.

Cheers,
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 415178

Follow Up By: jothefw - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 09:11

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 09:11
Thanks for that - I had googled most things but had forgotten to try the well used term - grey nomads!

Will see what it brings up.
FollowupID: 685357

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 19:28

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 19:28
Click the blue word "here" in Val's post above.

Cheers

John
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 685428

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 09:10

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 09:10
www.workabout Australia.com.au
AnswerID: 415180

Reply By: al - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 10:29

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 10:29
where are you and when do you want these people and for what length of time .
you may get a few bites with more info. I for one may be interested
al
AnswerID: 415192

Follow Up By: jothefw - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 13:40

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 13:40
Hi Al,

Sorry I didn't put much info as wasn't sure what was allowed - I'm not selling anything but it is still advertising!

We're three hours south of Adelaide - basically on the edge of the Ngarkat Conservation Park if you've done much 4 wd!!

We're looking for someone with some building experience to do odd jobs, painting, some gardening, maybe fencing of gardens etc.

Flexible on amount of time but probably 1 mth plus up to 8 mths ish - really it could be full time but it depends on the person and whether they could find other stuff to do when not busy with the main jobs. Could be a couple too ... as I said we're flexible.

Would probably be best if the applicants had own accommodation but we could obviously supply power, sheltered site etc.

This is a new position so there isn't a job spec as such so if I can provide any more info please let me know.
FollowupID: 685381

Reply By: jothefw - Monday, May 03, 2010 at 19:07

Monday, May 03, 2010 at 19:07
Finding a lot of the websites seem to be out of date or perhaps not even in use anymore ... if anyone has any printed publications suggestions I would be very grateful.

Thanks!
AnswerID: 415246

Sponsored Links