Territory Trip

Submitted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 09:13
ThreadID: 78207 Views:2506 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have conflicting reports regarding Hell's gate Roadhouse and was wondering if any members have new info. Some reports say its closed and yet the latest publications say it's open. We plan on coming home via Litchfield, Kakudu, Lawn Hill, Normanton, and am currently planning stopovers. Would appreciate any local or current info.
JIM
Life's for Living!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred B (NT) - Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 10:15

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 10:15
Just spoke to Leona (owner) at hells gate (07-47458258). The road west of Doomagee is still closed (too wet) and the council is not likely to get a grader in there untill July. There are load restrictions on roads that are open, so Leona and her husband are unable to obtain supplies and haven't been able to get any since October last year.

Leona said they want to open, and if they can get supplies, will do so. The longer the rain hangs around, the less likely the road will support trucks, and therefore affect the supply line. All they can do is hope and pray.

So if you need further updates, phone them on the above number.
regards
Fred B
VKS 737: Mobile/Selcall 1334

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 415308

Follow Up By: Member - Jim G1 (QLD) - Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 11:26

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 at 11:26
Thanks Fred, now I have the number, I will call her nearer the time. We will be looking at Mid to end July, so hopefully it will be dry but still green.
Regards, JIM
Life's for Living!

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 685480

Sponsored Links