National Gathering Ulladulla - Wiluna Via Longreach and The Plenty

Submitted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 at 22:32
ThreadID: 78250 Views:2678 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi All,

The time is getting Closer!

We are leaving here(Ulladulla) in 17 days. We plan to travell in to Canberra then up to Longreach, Mt Isa, Alice, GCR and on to Wiluna. I havent done a lot of reasearch on the Longeach to Alice bit as we were originally going via Cameron Corner, Strezlecki, Onodatta.

So is there anything that you would recommend that we stop and have a look at? FIL wants to go to the Thermal springs at Blackall and other than the Stockmans hall of fame thats about all I know.

We have five and a bit weeks to get to Wiluna. We will be in a 80 series with offroad camper so anything out of the way is fine.

Thanks guys and see you there.

Matt and Danica

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Thursday, May 06, 2010 at 07:59

Thursday, May 06, 2010 at 07:59
If you are stopping in Blackall, look at the wool scour and shed.

Longreach has the usual attractions, hall of fame, qantas musuem if you really want to play tourist.

Winton has the Lark Quarry just outside (dinosaur stampede) .

If you are doing the plenty, call in at the pub at Middleton.

Missed listing at least a dozen other things on that route. :o)
AnswerID: 415589

Reply By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Thursday, May 06, 2010 at 21:26

Thursday, May 06, 2010 at 21:26
Hi Matt,

We enjoyed the visitor centre shows at both Winton (Waltzing Matilda) and Boulia (Min Min Lights encounter) a couple of years ago when we travelled that road. We free camped near the site of the original Min Min Hotel but didnt see the lights unfortunately.

When rain arrived unexpectedly and we were free camping off the road about 60 kms west of Winton we had to sit it out for a day or two and wait for the ground to dry out. Some spectacular landforms and enormous skies out there. I just loved it and want to go back.

Middleton pub is interesting too.

Cant help you west of Boulia as we came from Mt Isa to there.

Saw your thread title and thought an EO gathering had been organised for Ulladulla there while we are away in Qld.

Enjoy the trip and the gathering.

Regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 415668

Sponsored Links