Cooper st/c - KO/AT ??

Submitted: Monday, May 10, 2010 at 10:17
ThreadID: 78356 Views:3606 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
When in traffic- do you perve on the 4by next to you ?? checking out their tyre and accessories??
Well over the weekend- the Troopy next to me had Cooper stc tires- but the tread looked nothing like the Cooper tread- but more like BFG A/T tread pattern.
Any how a few hours later, we were in the same fuel outlet (I refuse to call them 'service' stations). I was having a chat with the guy- and he showed me a small 3mm high 'retread' word on the tyre.
Yup- full BFG retread on Cooper cases !! He had worn out the Coopers in short time- so knowing the history of the cases- had them retreaded !!
He was not into high speed driving (in a Troopy??)- and the job is good for weight requirements.
Very happy with them- performance & wear !!

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allan B, Sunshine Coast, - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:57

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 11:57
Interesting Signman, I may consider it when the time comes.
After all, it is soooo important to have those letters "COOPER" on the tyres!

But what's this about difficulty of high speed driving in a Troopy? With a following wind I can get mine up to at least 85kph. LOL

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 416102

Follow Up By: Member -Signman - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 14:19

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 14:19
Could be correct there..
The 'pose' value of the Cooper with the superior performance of BFG !!
Best of both worlds !!

FollowupID: 686191

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 19:26

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 19:26
I dont bother looking around at other guys tyres!! I get out at every traffic light stop and wander around my own vehicle and swoon at my own BFG'S At's!!! Oh and what a feeling!!!! :))) Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 416152

Reply By: Andrew-rodeo - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:51

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:51
Not sure why anyone would want to put retreads, with a maximum speed rating of only 135kph, on their vehicle. When if you check the tyre placard, the minimum speed rating would be an 'R' rated tyre which is 170kph. These ratings are a safety requirement and by putting a lower rated tyre on your vehicle you are actually driving an unroadworthy vehicle.
Just some food for thought.
Cheers Andrew
AnswerID: 416196

Sponsored Links