Campsites at Warroora

Submitted: Monday, May 10, 2010 at 12:54
ThreadID: 78360 Views:2966 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
we are planning to travel to Warroora Station with the camper trailer next year. Does anyone know how easy it is to get a campsite there during the school holidays. We are thinking of travelling in the April Hols.
Are there plenty of campsites available of is it like some of the other camps where you have to be really really early and cross your fingers to be able to get one.
Thats probably my only concern is travelling that far with the kids only to find no where to stay.

Also where would be the nearest place to be able to top up water containers with fresh drinking water. we will have plenty with us but just incase we need to top up.

Can anyone who has been up that way in late April/early May let me know what the weather and wind is like at that time of the year.

Thanks in Advance

Cheers Tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: pop2jocem - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 16:04

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 16:04
Tony,
We camped at Warroora last year during the school holidays with my son and his family. We set up on the beach and had no problems with finding a site but did take the precaution of calling ahead. They have a website to check out with all the contact details. We were advised to bring all drinking water with us which we did, there is clean but mineral heavy water available from a bore supplied tank. OK for showers and washing but you wouldn't drink it. The wind was a bit of a problem but we braved it for 10 days. I guess that part of the coast is a bit of a lottery with winds. There is also a requirement to bring a chemical toilet of your own and they supply a dump site to empty it.
Enjoy

Cheers
Pop
AnswerID: 416127

Sponsored Links