Stirling Ranges.Sth WA

Submitted: Monday, May 10, 2010 at 16:50
ThreadID: 78364 Views:3520 Replies:5 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all just want to let you know that i have been in the MT Trio Bush camping & caravan park for the last 6 weeks & am about to leave on wednesday,& to let you that it is a very good place to stay as it has all the ameities,shower toilets,camp kitchen (with the works)small games room (table tennis)& on about 27acres behind there farm.
The owner/hosts are John & Margo Byrne (nice people).
It also would be a good spot for anyone who would like to do a group style gathering,as you are close to all the good Mountain walks & can have campfires.

I have no affiliation with this place, just a very pleased customer.

Cheers,Expletive.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 17:10

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 17:10
Yes agree, its a great spot, you certainly have had time there to check it all out!

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 416133

Follow Up By: Expletive - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:51

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:51
Yes Val, have had a while to get the feel of it all & have met a lot of interesting & nice people which has made the stay all the better.
Cheers Bob.
FollowupID: 686297

Reply By: olddigger - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 18:07

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 18:07
Hi Expletive. I think we had the pleasure of your company for a couple of nights around the campfire at Mt Trio. We had the white Magna S/wagon and the wind-up Jayco Flamingo (and too much wine) and you had the big Ford and the swag.
Really enjoyed meeting you, and hope the rest of your travels go well and safely. We can certainly support your comments on Mt Trio. Top spot.
Cheers, Tony and Maggie
AnswerID: 416140

Follow Up By: Expletive - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:37

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:37
G'day there Tony/Maggie,your right it is i (Bob)& i too enjoyed your company on those nights & the talks that you both shared of some of your lifes journey's .
I have met & enjoyed the company of a lot of people since you left who were also happy to have met around that same fire place.
Take care & stay safe.

Many cheers Bob.
FollowupID: 686292

Reply By: Motherhen - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 18:32

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 18:32
Hi Expletive

It sounds the one friends of ours stay at and enjoy.

What numbers do you think could be comfortably accommodated for a group event?

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 416143

Follow Up By: Expletive - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:47

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:47
Hi Motherhen,at the moment i think you could possibly do up to 30-50 cars but would check with the hosts for sure as they do at the moment have 3 showers & toilets but they have just got aproval to extend those amenities & there are 6 powered sites,having said that a lot of people are quite self sufficient as in having these items on board with them.
you may remember me as zookscooter.

Cheers Bob.
FollowupID: 686294

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 00:16

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 00:16
Thanks Bob

Mh
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 686305

Reply By: Member - Heather G (NSW) - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:21

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 22:21
Hi Expletive,

We stayed there last year for a few nights in the unpowered part when we were travelling around in WA in our van and just loved it. A very friendly place,and convenient for doing walks in the National Park.

Regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 416191

Follow Up By: Expletive - Monday, May 10, 2010 at 23:01

Monday, May 10, 2010 at 23:01
Hi Heather, i totaly agree that it is convenient for the walks & the views of the mountains from the park are also very good & i forgot to mention the yabbies you can get to catch from the dam in one of the adjoining blocks.mmmmmm

Cheers,Bob.
FollowupID: 686299

Reply By: Member - Dunworkin (WA) - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 00:23

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 00:23
I use to live down there when I was a youngster 9 -12 yrs old and we use to climb those hills around there, I'm not sure where the camp ground is but by the way people talk about it on here it sounds as though it could be at the back of the farm called 'Warrengup', (spelling?) if that is so then that is the farm Dad use to manage until my parents bought the farm in Cranbrook which is further along the western end of the Stirlings.
We went for a run along there a couple of months ago whilst we were down that way and found they had named the hill which we knew as Warrengup (which the farm was named after) to Mt Trio, one of the hills further west along Salt River Road was named Mt Trio back then, I don't know why the changes, can anyone on here enlighten me on this????

Cheers

Deanna

Simba, our much missed baby.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 416207

Sponsored Links