More Lift in IFS hilux 01

Hi all, i have just had old man emus installed on my hilux 01 but not happy with the height gained (not gained), i know i can buy a new set of wheels and go from 15s to 16 but is there any way to get more height apart?
If i had my time again i dont think i would have gone to ARB for suspension....
Thanks in advance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mark G Gulmarrad - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 13:47

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 13:47
BML0303

i thought the same with my Navara.....OME only raised it 45mm but the difference offroad was amazing.take ya truck offroad and see what i mean...you'll be surprised.
AnswerID: 416266

Reply By: Jimbo (WA) - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 13:57

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 13:57
BM,

Shockies shouldn't be used to gain height, but should be matched to the ride height of your vehicle.

The easiset way to gain height is to adjust / re-tension / update springs.

I've got 16" Prado wheels and 265/70 tyres with adjusted aftermarket heavy duty torsion bars at the front and aftermarket heavy duty leaf packs at the back and am more than happy with the ride and height. This setup has seen me through all my travels with no height or suspension issues at all.

Hope this helps,

AnswerID: 416267

Follow Up By: Lex M (Brisbane) - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 14:25

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 14:25
Jim
I presume he means OME suspension not shockies.

Isn't OME an ARB product?
FollowupID: 686378

Follow Up By: Jimbo (WA) - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 14:28

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 14:28
Lex,

yeah, re-reading it you are probably right. Yes, OME is ARB

FollowupID: 686382

Reply By: ben_gv3 - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 16:16

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 16:16
I don't think you can blame OME for supplying their product. You should have asked the correct questions and read their catalogue as it would've told you the height gained.

OME are excellent products and ARB tend to be conservative with their modifications so as to maintain good ride characteristics. Other mobs, eg Superior Engineering etc provide stupid suspension kits like 6" lifts (big generalisation and not intended at Superior) that look good if you like to wear your hat backwards and wear your pants low around your ankles but are useless off road or towing.

Does your hiluix have airbags? What about a body lift? That will give you more wheel arch clearance so you can run bigger tyres, plus it'll lift the body.
AnswerID: 416286

Follow Up By: Wherehegon - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:35

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:35
''that look good if you like to wear your hat backwards and wear your pants low around your ankles but are useless off road or towing.'' LOLOLOL
FollowupID: 686424

Reply By: Wherehegon - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:50

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:50
Hi there BML0303, if you wanted more then 2 inch lift then don't go to ARB, as mentioned above go to some one like snake racing etc and you will get your 4 inch lift if that's what you wanted ?? Did you tell ARB you wanted/required more then 2 inch lift ?? ARB mostly only sell stuff that is not going to get them in trouble with RTA etc, in other words keep it legal which what is legal here might not be legal on other states which might not be an issue with you, When you start talking mostly 3 inch or more it will cost you double to lift it, eg extended brake lines, caster/camber kits (not all vehicles) tail shaft ext, cross member drops, etc I have had OME (ARB) suspension fitted to 3 vehicles and have only ever had one issue which was fixed asap without any issues, If you don't have airbag/s (in dash/steering wheel) then you can do a 2 inch body lift which is legal and give you more clearance, but still is not as simple if you have say a bullbar ?? will be out of alignment height wise with headlights etc. I only got around 32mm on front and full 50mm on the rear but made a huge difference off road and with a load on board. Maybe work out what your after first then approach the right company to do the job. Regards Steve
AnswerID: 416310

Sponsored Links