North WA during the wet season - Dec

Submitted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 14:32
ThreadID: 78389 Views:2402 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all...just wanted some feedback from anyone who had travelled to Northern WA during the wet season (thinking about going in December).
How was the experience, was it worth bearing the heat and wet? Or you'd advise against it.
Any tips on set up, places to go, things to see etc? What to expect
Were you able to get to any of the main national parks? Karijini, Purnululu?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Steve and Viv - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 14:36

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 14:36
The Nat Parks are closed dung the wet and so is the Gibb so I wouldn't come up here during the wet. You also can't up the Cape Leveque if it rains which is will and does. It was quite dry this year in Broome but very hot. You can't swim in the ocean and the rivers tend to have bitey things in it as well.
AnswerID: 416273

Reply By: Member - Doug T (NT) - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 21:47

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 21:47
I travelled the Gibb River Rd , passed through King Leopold Ranges on the 20th Dec 2004, the road was graded and I had a great run, but of course if you want to see the gorges ...then for you it will be a no, they will be closed,

Image Could Not Be Found

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 416335

Reply By: Member - Matt & Caz H (QLD) - Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 10:14

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 10:14
Hi there,

We went to Kununurra in June 2009, left Kununurra at the end of November 2009 and headed to Broome - it was VERY warm!!!! we left Broome at the end of December (after running back to Willare Roadhouse a week before Christmas to escape TC Laurence!!!) and travelled down the west coast it was as hot as hell till we got to Denham - Shark Bay.

As others have pointed out - El Questro, Karajini ect ect will be closed.

The CP at Fitzroy Crossing has "to die for" swimming pool!!!!

Cheers
Caz
http://www.travelingoz.webs.com
AnswerID: 416379

Reply By: get outmore - Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 12:22

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 12:22
I think dec is a bit early for the wet Karajini would be OK - hottest time of the year for the pilbara so just laze around in the pools

AnswerID: 416395

Sponsored Links