Caravan Park around Yeppoon

Submitted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 16:46
ThreadID: 78394 Views:4594 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi , Been on the road for a while through central Aust & now want to take the misses for a few days to relax on the beachside at or near Yeppoon.. Not to fused on the price just want a good place for the kids & wife to enjoy the coast..
Any suggestions appreciated as never been there before..Have a camper trailer & we are currently in Emerald today..

Cheers SS--SS
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Isuzumu - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:07

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:07
There is about 8 parks on the coast, right on the beach you have Beachside the closest to town Yeppoon, turn left at the T at the end of the main street. After this one head south as where you will find the rest, Bell Park in Emu Park is again close to the beach, no road in front. Another is the Causeway C/P a little cheaper than the rest and the best fish and chips on the cost at the store there, plus there is (I think) a place to hire canoes etc.
AnswerID: 416300

Follow Up By: ss--ss - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:13

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:13
Thanks a lot Bruce, I should be able to sort something out now...

Cheers Don
FollowupID: 686419

Reply By: Member - Old Girl (QLD) - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:49

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 18:49
Just spent 4 months at Kinka Beach Caravan park (Top Tourist). In my opinion its the best in the Yeppoon area. Clean and friendly. Pet Friendly. Nice pool and across the road from Kinka Beach. Cool waters is closer to the bridge where a lot of people fish on the high tide it is more expensive than the first. Cause way I would give it a miss. Moving closer to Yeppoon is the big 4. A bit of a walk to the beach. Poincanna is not close to the beach $4 load washing. The two in Yeppoon its self are not worth staying in my opinion. Too close to the stinky bats. On the north side right on the beach is nice. No pool but a beaut take away across the road. The caravan park is right on the beach and has concrete paths to the main street. If I was travelling through Yeppoon and didn't need a pool and wanted to be walking distance the one of Farnborough Road would be the go.
MM me if you require phone numbers.
By the way Yeppoon is a haven for the grey nomads from down south in winter so book ahead. They stay mostly out at the Top Tourist one. The hosts Robyn and Paul organise morning teas and other gatherings.
Sharon
AnswerID: 416309

Follow Up By: ss--ss - Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 15:35

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 15:35
thanks Kinka Beach Caravan park seems like the go & I'm there now .. Cheers
FollowupID: 686520

Sponsored Links