Camping in the Watagans. Is it Feral-Free These Days?

Was last there more than a year ago and stayed in the Pines camping spot. Stupid me went on a long-weekend, and it must've been the annual Bogan convention at The Pines. :-)

Was thinking of re-visiting this weekend...if necessary I might go the extra distance and visit the Basin camp spot which should have less ferals there?

For those not familiar with the term 'feral', lets just say I'm not talking about wild cats.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Tony V (NSW) - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 22:04

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 22:04
Not totally feral free. Unfortunately......
AnswerID: 416340

Reply By: Staffee - Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 23:11

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 at 23:11
Sometime you get a great weekend others not so great. The basin I believe doesn't have camper trailer access anymore and you can't park beside your setup.... But long weekends yeah feral times, though normal weekends coming into the cooler months should see more peaceful weekends
AnswerID: 416352

Reply By: Gronk - Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 10:07

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 10:07
The Watagans can be bad for ferals any time of the year....just pot luck when/if you strike them.......thats why when I go up there I free camp at a few places NOT near the main designated places
AnswerID: 416377

Reply By: briann532 - Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 19:19

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 19:19
I know its not in the Watagans so please don't shoot me...........

But..............

Have you considered driving into Yengo?
A very pleasant place to camp not far away.

Just a suggestion, hopefully helpful.

Alternatively if you do end up in a feral situation, just follow these simple steps:

Shake head violently shouting "Not time for another tablet yet"

Then kick a tree and scream " I will get you down, I will get you down, I will get you down. And then I can cook you!!!"

Lick your back window, then go and ask your "ferals" if you can borrow some fertiliser as you're a bit short.

They should leave you alone or move.......

Just kidding!

Camp somewhere nicer. its far easier and more pleasant.

Cheers
Brian
AnswerID: 416438

Reply By: GlennD - Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 10:38

Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 10:38
Went up there mid week last week for 3 nights and didn't even see anyone else in the Park.

Have tried to camp at The Pines in the middle of school holidays with no luck , heaps of other camps around there though.

Not sure about the "feral' call though ,last week was on a boys weekend ,we weren't exactly sitting around the fire discussing fine literature over a Chardonnay and in bed by 8pm - but we weren't bothering anyone.....

The bottom line is if you pull up and don't like what you see you are free to move on.
AnswerID: 416511

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 16:15

Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 16:15
Im guessing the problem is the other way-people parking up and having "bogans" plonk beside?

General subject has been done many times here, with the main point of contention being the widely varying definition of bogan, inconsiderate, noisy, early/late etc etc-and even "bogan" itself!!

Im sure everyone has done it when younger!
FollowupID: 686665

Sponsored Links