Current Road Conditions StGeorge Area

Submitted: Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 08:48
ThreadID: 78433 Views:3899 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day .
Has anyone got any updates on how the roads are in the St George area after the floods earlier in the year?

I realize of course that all roads are open but as we will be towing a caravan
( NOT an off road type) its more a question of how many potholes and tyre destroying sharp shoilders are there now.

Also are there any problems getting into bush campsites?

Garry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 09:37

Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 09:37
Garry,

Depending on which roads you intend to drive all main roads are in reasonable condition

This was the road report from the 21 Apr 2010 for this section

The Castlereagh Highway between Dirranbandi-Bollon Rd and Booligar has been severely damaged by flooding. The road is open but motorists are advised to take extreme caution as much of the surface has broken up.

From what I have been told all other sections that were damaged by flooding have been repaired but most have not been sealed, most areas that were damaged are signposted. There are a heap of on road van travelling the area now with no issues.

Just drive to the conditions and all should go well.

Most bush camping spots are open as well.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 416508

Reply By: Member - Jeff O (VIC) - Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 17:04

Thursday, May 13, 2010 at 17:04
John B and I just returned from a trip up that way with no problems.
Melb,,Murrabit,Menindee,Wilcannia,White Cliffs,Wanaaring,Hungerford,the old Hungerford-Thargomindah road to Yenloora and Wombula,then to Yowah,Eulo,St George ,Dalby, Ipswich and back to Melb via the New England.We camped off road several times with no trouble.
Lots of water in the lakes and dams.Plenty of water going into Lake Mendindee. Lake Bindegolly is full for the first time in many years. The country is looking pretty good at the moment.
Jeff.O

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 416548

Sponsored Links