4H for TOD equipped Holden Jackaroo Monterey

Submitted: Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 21:20
ThreadID: 7848 Views:3408 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

If anyone is interested, I have got my hands on the schematics to enable a locked 4H range on the TOD equipped Holden Jackaroo Monterey from 2000 and on. It should also work for 98 and on, but you may need to confirm colour coding of the wires.

When Isuzu adopted TOD in some of their vehicles, for some reason they decided against a lockable 4H range. In the 4 years I have had my Monterey, I never really needed it except on soft sand. The torque apportioning between front and rear axles on all surfaces other than soft sand has been very quick in its operation and has never left me wanting more.

The design was developed by an Isuzu Trooper owner in the US, in consultation with a Borg Warner engineer. He sent me the schematics, along step-by-step instructions and photos of his installation. 18Megs of files in all.

Borg Warner are the manufacturers of the TOD system and transfer case. It's installed in other makes, eg Ford Explorer, with 4H.

If anyone is interested in having a look, email me at savvas_e@yahoo.com.au and I will send you the files.

First make sure your email can accept 18Mbs worth of data!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Trevor - Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 23:22

Wednesday, Oct 15, 2003 at 23:22
Very interesting.
I don't suppose you have a source for a workshop manual for the 2000 model diesel with auto, by any chance? Seems to be a cone of silence from the Holden dealer about these vehicles.
Regards
Trevor (WA)
AnswerID: 33976

Follow Up By: Savvas - Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 07:52

Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 07:52
The only manuals available are the genuine Holden/Isuzu ones. Just about any good automotive bookstore can source them for you, but they are something like $400-$500 a pop. The dealer's spare parts department can get them in too.

I believe there is also a Holden LCRV Service CD which contains service information for Jackaroo, Frontera and Rodeo.

Also, give Jackeroo World a call ... http://jackworld.alphalink.com.au/

Good luck!
FollowupID: 24463

Reply By: Savvas - Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 13:51

Tuesday, Oct 28, 2003 at 13:51
The data is now available in 2.8Mb or so.

It was 18Mb previously because of the photos attached. They have now been reduced to a more manageable size.
AnswerID: 35397

Sponsored Links