Mazda BT50

Submitted: Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 14:05
ThreadID: 78516 Views:2911 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Greetings. I'm new here and looking for some general comments/thoughts.
At present i have a MY05 Subaru Forester (non turbo) and just bought an AussieSwag Classic 2000 model in very good nick with lots of extras.
Well of course the Subie could not possibly tow this camper on the trip i want to do next year and it will be going. As a matter of fact,so will the camper as i have changed my mind on how i want to do things.
Pretty much, i have settled on a BT50 Freestyle as my car of choice. I don't intend to get my adventures published in a 4x4 mag if you know what i mean. I need a 4bie that will get me through a creek and up a muddy bank and to some out of the way places. From what i have picked up it seems the BT50 will do the job without the 'Toyota tax' and was wondering if anybody can suggest reasons i should NOT buy one. eg torsion bar front suspension etc.
I will be towing a tinny,probably 750kg all up and converting the tray to my camper etc.
By the way,anyone wanting a AS camper could send me a PM.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Muntoo - Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 14:31

Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 14:31
I've got the SDX dual cab mate, and couldnt be happier. Go test drive one mate and you'll buy it. So much grunt, nice gear ratios and every bit as capable as any other dual cab if not more when offroad. Great seats too.

Also the best price, got mine for $38,990 drive away with some extras. Was the cheapest top of the range dual cab i could get, although i was set on buying one anyway. I see the Ford Ranger XLT is going for $40k at moment with all the fruit. Thats very hard to go past. Both exactly the same cars.
AnswerID: 416899

Follow Up By: Witi Repartee - Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 15:40

Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 15:40
I Had two of them in NZ as Company utes. I did well over 200,000km in each, normally towing a tandem trailer and a tonne load. Apart from the earlier model needed a differential mod (on a recall) they were faultless.
Much of the towing was on hill country roads and on farms.
They are not the alpha ute of the pack, but they are good value and honest capable performers.
Cheers
FollowupID: 686999

Sponsored Links