jayco fridge wiring from anderson plug

Submitted: Monday, May 17, 2010 at 15:30
ThreadID: 78535 Views:6364 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone give me advice as to the wiring of the anderson plug on the back of the vehicle to the fridge in a jayco eagle.Can i join the wires onto the the battery wires that go to the setec or directly onto the 12v side of the setec or is there a easier method.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Monday, May 17, 2010 at 17:28

Monday, May 17, 2010 at 17:28
Ian,

I assume that the setec you refer to is a 12v - 12v charger, and that the fridge is a 3 way one. If BOTH assumptions are correct, read on:

See my response to thread 78474 a few days ago, when a very similar question was posed. The fridge could be run off the vehicle side of the charger so that 12v is only available to it when the engine is running. There will be a significant voltage drop in the line from the engine due to the fridge current (I'm assuming a 3 way fridge), but the setec (I'm assuming it's a 12v - 12v charger) will take care of this and look after the battery charging.

If my assumptions are not correct, come back with some more details and we'll try again!

Cheers

John
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 417024

Follow Up By: ianw1952 - Monday, May 17, 2010 at 18:11

Monday, May 17, 2010 at 18:11
Tthe anderson plug has been wired so as to be only on when the engine is running, i just wondered about where and how to make the connections in the van-directly to the fridge or to the setec unit,
thanks
FollowupID: 687127

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Monday, May 17, 2010 at 19:44

Monday, May 17, 2010 at 19:44
Ian,

Sorry to be vague, but there are different sorts of fridges and different setec units that do different things. The answer to your question depends on what sort of fridge and which setec charger you are using.

I've made some guesses above to try to answer your question, but if I've guessed wrong my answer won't help.

Please tell us - is it a 3 way fridge? and does the setec charge the battery using 12 volt power from the vehicle?

Cheers

John

J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 687148

Reply By: ianw1952 - Monday, May 17, 2010 at 20:32

Monday, May 17, 2010 at 20:32
Hi John, thanks for your interest_fridge is a 3 way, there is no battery in the van ansd setec is an ST20. Hope this clarifies things a little
ian
AnswerID: 417054

Sponsored Links