need help with Solor

Hi. I have 2x50 watt solor panels that have stopped producing power.
These are going through a BP regulator. On the display panel it shows
a E 12 error. Doe's anybody know what E12 error is.
They were working OK when I last had them out. Have pulled the box on back
of panels open all looks OK .
cheers brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: PeterInSa - Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 18:20

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 18:20
Brian,
i have BP regulator and the error messages go from E02 to E11, then another message without a number I suggest that its E12 then E13, followed by the last message without a number.

The message that I think corresponds to E12 reads:
Meaning: If there is a short circuit in the module, the moon symbol appears during the day.
Cause/Remedy: The module input is protected by an internal electronic fuse.

Note in the diagram of the Regularor the Moon symbol is in the top left corner of the screem.

I hope for your sake the unit is still under warranty and further that you disconnected the battery/load/sola panel in the corredt sequence if you did any maintenance.

I would call BP for more advice

Peter
AnswerID: 417169

Follow Up By: Member - Brian (WA) - Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 18:58

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 18:58
Peter. Thanks for the quick reply. I did have the moon symbol up at the start,
Then I started to try to see a fault. Fiddled with wires etc and that is when the E12 came up.To late now sun has disappeared, But the
regulator is OK with the other set of panels connected. will have another look tomorrow.
Thanks Brian
FollowupID: 687275

Follow Up By: Maîneÿ . . .- Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 19:18

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 19:18
Brian,
As you say "the regulator is OK with the other set of panels connected" then it has to be something other than the regulator and the first thing to do is reconnect each panel individually and see which one is (not) working correctly, check each panels own cable connections at both the panel and the regulator connection.

Maîneÿ . . .
FollowupID: 687277

Follow Up By: blue one - Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 19:29

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 19:29
This post has been read by the moderation team and has been moderated due to a breach of The Trolling Rule .

Forum Moderation Team
FollowupID: 687279

Follow Up By: Member - Tony S (WA) - Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 20:00

Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 20:00
Brian,

One of the things to check are the diodes inside the black box on the panels .
I lost half my input amps and a diode was the culprit. Luckily I carry a spare. Put it in and all was OK. Just make sure it goes in the right way. IE take note which way the lines face.

Tony
The rig

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 687285

Reply By: Robin Miller - Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 07:51

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 at 07:51
Looks like you should be checking your panels also Brian.

Don't wait for the sun , disconnect each one and shine a desk lamp etc onto them and measure voltage , they should generate several volts each.

This only checks them without a load , so when the sun is up connect an old taillight globe etc across the panels (in turn) , each one should be able to light up the globe , after this its the regulator or connections as per other posts.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 417212

Sponsored Links