Settings: Iphone & EOTrackMe

Submitted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 18:32
ThreadID: 78618 Views:3382 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have been successfully runnning EOTrackMe on my Iphone but one thing does not appear to be correct.

I am running the App in my vehicle with my Iphone plugged into a Cig lighter charger but the App is using more power than the charger is putting in.

The screen stays illuminated all the time even though I have the Iphone set to autolock after 1 minute. At the end of a day's driving the battery is down to 20% and the phone is hot.

Surely there must be a setting that will allow the App to run with minimal power use.

All help appreciated.

cheers
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 21:30

Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 21:30
Bump.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 417449

Reply By: Nutta - Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 22:30

Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 22:30
I did read somewhere that the tomtom gps for the iphone was burning more battery power than the charger could provide, could be wrong.

cheers wayne
AnswerID: 417459

Reply By: Secret Mens Business - Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 23:37

Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 23:37
Sounds to me you aren't using a decent 12v cig lighter charger. When you are using any GPS app on your Iphone they suck the power. Change your 12v charger to a quality one like the Belkin. Some of the older 12v chargers don't provide enough current , you need up to 1amp.

Belkin USB Charger

There are other brands off course.
AnswerID: 417468

Reply By: TerraFirma - Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 23:40

Thursday, May 20, 2010 at 23:40
I use the Iphone 3GS and have Tom Tom, Memory Map, Motion X GPS etc and as long as you are using a 500mah-1amp 12v charger the phone will charge whilst being used by any GPS app. Some of the older chargers didn't deliver enough current.
AnswerID: 417469

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Friday, May 21, 2010 at 16:15

Friday, May 21, 2010 at 16:15
Gone Bush,
Lovely tracks you are producing on the EOTrackMe system, but the above is correct if you are using a cheaper charger they do not deliver enough power. Only the 3GS chargers are generally high enough power to run the GPS. I did the same thing and tried a iPod charger and it did the same thing - I then switched to a high rated charger and the unit was 100% when I disconnected at the end of a day.
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 417551

Follow Up By: Gone Bush (WA) - Friday, May 21, 2010 at 16:59

Friday, May 21, 2010 at 16:59
Yes David, I agree, the track looks really good.

It's even better being here producing the track.

We are on the Gwydir River right now. This photo was taken last November when we were here last. It was stinking hot then. Now it's raining, a bit of thunder. Beautiful. Snuggly buggly tonight.

Image Could Not Be Found

cheers

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 687643

Sponsored Links