What the Hell is this part???

Submitted: Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 14:47
ThreadID: 78663 Views:2926 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

Some of you may remember that I was “rebuilding” the front end of the steering in my Troopy earlier this year. Many of you gave helpful input! Well I posted the picture of a part that I couldn’t figure where to put back! I even went to Mechanics and they had no idea either. I guess I just did a very thorough job and pulled things apart that most people leave be ?. Here is the answer to the riddle.
Image Could Not Be FoundImage Could Not Be Found

see the little sucker hiding at the back?
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Christopher P (NSW) - Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 15:45

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 15:45
Don't worry mate, even the best leave stuff out. I'm no expert either, pulled apart a carby on my 4runner and didnt put back two springs and a gasket. took it to a carby bloke and he had it done in half the time and ran better then i had it.

Thanks for the tip.
AnswerID: 417671

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 16:00

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 16:00
Lyndon, Its a bloody watch, put it back on your wrist.. Now look at the time,,,, It's time to take it to a mechanic!!! :) :) :) Sorry i cant be more helpful!!! Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 417673

Follow Up By: stamps - Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 21:56

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 21:56
that's a classic

cheers and all the best
stamps
FollowupID: 687821

Reply By: pop2jocem - Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 18:24

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 18:24
Now Lyndon, every mechanic has a box/bin/bag of varying sizes known by various names. Bodgy, Jesus etc. These containers are commonly found under or on the said mechanics workbench. They contain a wonderful array of handy and not so handy bits and pieces accumulated over the years. As any mechanic worth his salt will tell you vehicle makers always include extra parts that in a lot of cases serve as much use as a concrete parachute. After the assembly and satisfactory operation of a component that is made up of lots and lots of intricate bits this poor over worked and much maligned individual will pick up a piece of sometimes greasy rag from the bench to wipe his hands. Upon doing so will notice something lying on the bench often resembling the "little sucker" that had you concerned. At this point this harried tradesman will utter to himself a phrase along the lines of "Jesus I wonder where that came from". Not you understand that he is addressing his frustrated comment to the offspring of some deity just a general mutter of wonderment. This article is swiftly consigned to the aforementioned "Jesus box" just in case it may come in handy at some future time.
I hope this somewhat rambling, long winded explanation is of some help in the clarification of the practices of car makers and the subsequent collection found in the workshops and sheds around our fair country.
It may also serve to explain why some mechanics have a less than stunning sucsess rate...................lol

Cheers
Pop
AnswerID: 417699

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 18:57

Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 18:57
Pop, i reckon thats a fair explanation,, well done.. Michael
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 687782

Sponsored Links