Kaymar Duel Wheel Carrier

Submitted: Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 16:31
ThreadID: 78704 Views:3281 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

I have a Kaymar carrier on the rear of my Patrol.

I have just noticed today that the stamp states 3.5 Tonne Towing capacilty but only 200 kgs tow ball weight :-(

Bugger....have been towing much heavier tow ball weight than this with WDH and never realised. Kaymar site still shows the specs are the same.

It has not broken yet and still looks nice and solid, but if you are looking at one, make sure you take this into account. Just because its a Kaymar does not mean its safe or legal with your trailer hitched.

Brett....
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Friday, May 28, 2010 at 17:34

Friday, May 28, 2010 at 17:34
Brett,
A very important warning you've raised there!

Straight from the Kaymar website, at: Kaymar Warranty
- Kaymar does not recommend the use of a weight distribution hitch
- Load capacity must be adhered to (check you particular vehicles rating)
- Ball load must be adhered to (check your particular vehicles rating)

Not only does overloading void the Kaymar warranty it "may" also give your vehicle insurer an out in the event of an incident!

Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 418569

Follow Up By: PatrolSTL04 - Monday, May 31, 2010 at 23:20

Monday, May 31, 2010 at 23:20
Thanks Geoff,

Have spoken to Kaymar today.....they are sending a sticker to cover what was printed on the bar. It should have been 350kg ball weight.

I also queried the WDH. There standard policy is not recommended....they have apparently never tested it officially, but have been made aware by numerous bar owners they have only had positive experiences.

They suggested if the Manufacturer of the car was OK with WDH then run with that as they rear bar does not effect towing in any way. They are not going to do any testing of a WDH.

Brett.....
FollowupID: 689187

Sponsored Links