ARB pump quick connects

Submitted: Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 20:33
ThreadID: 7874 Views:1608 Replies:7 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone tell me if there is a kit available for the ARB air comp pump that will convert from the fix hose type to a quick connect - dis-connect fitting type ? and rough price if avail ? ( so retailer In Syd metro )ie; I want to mount the pump in the engine bay but not the hose! alturnate i thought about mounting the whole lot in an ex army ammo box , any thoughts ?
Regards Craig.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Des Lexik(SA) - Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 20:41

Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 20:41
Shep, When I bought my ARB comp. in a box, it came with the quick connect fittings. It is now mounted permanantly under the bonnet and the hose is stored in the truck.Nil Taurus Excretus
AnswerID: 34086

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 20:52

Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 20:52
Mines mounted under the drivers seat, and has quick connect fitting. Just goto Pirtek and buy one..
AnswerID: 34091

Reply By: Matt M - Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 21:13

Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 21:13
Shep the air lines are all standard fittings, they will srew into tany type of QD that you prefer to use! If you just take the line etc in to Total Tools or Repco or any good tool store and they will be able to match you up a set, ie a Female for the compressor and a male for the hose end. You might also like to fit the same to the other end so you can use different attachments, ie pump, air duster anything!!

AnswerID: 34094

Reply By: kezza - Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 21:25

Thursday, Oct 16, 2003 at 21:25

I use all standard fittings on my air system (including tank) best to go to a pnumatics supplier/engineering supplier and get good quality fittings that wont rust.
Make sure you work out everything you want it to do and get it all in one hit, so you get a good price and set it up properly.

Cost me about $200 to set up with all the hoses and fittings to pump up tyres, test pressure, link air systems and equalise tyre air pressures between tyres and vehicles when I need to (eg If one vehicle has too low pressures and one has too high I can fill the low tyres with the too high pressured tyres without using compressor) have a high velocity air blower and be able to fill my air tank from a servos air system.
Super Cheap have a very basic kit but are not standard fittings (more of a pain than anything) and seem like they will rust for about $40

Hope that helps

AnswerID: 34096

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 13:30

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 13:30
u drive an 80? saw 1 yesterday on Burwood Hwy at the lights with Kezza # PLates.
FollowupID: 24581

Follow Up By: kezza - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 18:15

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 18:15
No truckster Im a Nissan Man 4 ever and I live in Qld
FollowupID: 24614

Reply By: Tony - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 07:50

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 07:50
Why not fit the compressor under the bonnet, then run a permenant fixed air line to the rea, then plug the air line into it when required.

With a switch on the dash to start the compressor you don't have to lift the bonnet at all, the hose needs to be long enough to reach the front wheels, and if you tow a trailer it will reach the wheel no worries.
AnswerID: 34113

Reply By: Fish - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 13:31

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 13:31
I just bought an ARB comp. I noticed 2 models available, the one in the low $300s had a fixed hose and no pressure guage, and the one in the high $300s had the quick connect and a VDO guage. I think the quick connect hose alone is about $50. Compare that against a price from Pirtek to modify what you have and away you go.
AnswerID: 34151

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 18:40

Friday, Oct 17, 2003 at 18:40

Get RYCO quick connect fittings, they are robust and can handle a bit of dust/sand.

JAMEC make some that don't like dirty conditions, the release button gums up easily.


AnswerID: 34196

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)