Alice to Camoweal/Isa/Bouderie

Submitted: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 19:18
ThreadID: 78764 Views:2575 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

I'm new to this so bear with me.

I and a few mates are planning a round trip from Grafton to Grafton, via Walgett, Tibooburra, Camerons Corner, Oodnadatta, Ayres Rock, Alice Springs, and then along the Plenty Hway to either Camoweal, Isa or Bouderie.
My question is

As we like to indulge in the odd Ale or two, we would like to know if there are any Old style pubs on the Plenty Hway.
My guess is No, which is not a problem, but if there are any on the way we would appreciate the heads up.

Cheers
Rob T

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DW Lennox Head(NSW) - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 20:08

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 20:08
Have to take your own along the Plenty. No pubs between Alice Springs and Boulia.
Have fun
DW
AnswerID: 418114

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 21:12

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 21:12
Hi Rob, If you go through Camooweal and Mt Isa, (both of which have pubs) be sure to go on to McKinlay on the Landsborough H'way between Cloncurry and Winton - where you will find the Walkabout Creek Hotel of Crocodile Dundee fame. There is also a camping area behind the pub.

Cheers,
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 418130

Reply By: Outbacktourer - Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 21:37

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 21:37
The pub at Urandangie can be made to be on that route. I will tell you this much, the Middleton Pub (between Boulia and Winton) is the most authentic bush pub in Australia, it has hardly changed since it was erected in 1885. No visit to that area is complete without a trip to the Blue Heeler in Kynuna.

OBT
(native of that area)
AnswerID: 418142

Reply By: Member - Robert James T (NSW) - Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 06:39

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 06:39
Cheers guy's

Info most appreciated

Rob T

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 418172

Sponsored Links