Caravan Park reviews.

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 00:45
ThreadID: 78953 Views:6010 Replies:7 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi,
I keep coming across websites with park reviews. Trouble is they all seem to be old reviews and things change very quickly depending on owners etc.

Does anyone have a link to a site that has updated reviews?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 06:43

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 06:43
Hi. This one may help. http://www.caravanparkphotos.com.au/index.htm Bob.

AnswerID: 419046

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 08:14

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 08:14
There is this one Australian Cacavan Park Reports but of course it relies on users submitting reports.
AnswerID: 419054

Reply By: Fiona & Paul - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 10:17

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 10:17
Like everything these days Selina all details can change in a matter of days or hours, ExplorOZ has really good references to places all around OZ, there are places there you won't find anywhere else, likewise you can find information elsewhere that EO doesn't have.

Wherever I find information we check how recent the info is and then elsewhere if it appears outdated, we generally research every trip pretty well first but occasionally we just take off in a general direction and fly by the seat of our pants.

We have been at CP's recommended by other travellers that have been very ordinary, then again we have stayed at CP's where the reverse is the case. Generally we make an alternate plan on the day as we rarely book into places.

Check out what EO has to offer?

Regards
Paul H

Paul H
OZ Downunder

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 419072

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 13:26

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 13:26
http://caravanersforum.com/badger.php

This one is supposed to be good
AnswerID: 419100

Reply By: fugwurgin - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 15:10

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 15:10
we have been using the badgers site in conjuction with EO for the last 3 months as we are travelling oz. The badgers site is very good but as others have said, outdated reports are almost redundant. It has helped us decide on parks, hasnt let us down yet. One thing i have noticed is that a particular persons view can differ greatly to yours. I saw a review that rated a particular park 1 out of 5 because it was too far to drive to the water tap to fill up his 5th wheeler (this park was in a town with severe water restrictions and did not have a tap at each site) oh dear what a hassle!!!! yet the park was great, great sized sites, friendly management, value for money, great pool, clean ammenities etc, but god forbid you need to travel 100 meters to fill up the oversized tanks on your oversized $200,000 fith wheeler. lol
The best solution is to let people know about such review sites and encourage them to leave feedback, that way new reports will be submitted and would become more useful.
I doubt you will find a better independant site than badgers.
AnswerID: 419114

Reply By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 19:01

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 19:01
Hi Selina

I use and contribute to Badger's (two links already given above). Reports 'drop off' after four years to keep things current. If anyone knows of an ownership change or radical change to a park, and lets Badger know, he will show this on the website. His site rules do not accept a bad report from someone who has contributed nothing else, particularly if at odds with previous reports. People put emphasis on different things according to their needs and likes, so reading the whole report not just the scores give you an idea if a particular park will suit you. We have found good parks by using Badger's. Of course there are many more parks not listed there - it is only as good as the contributors so i urge everyone to add a report for the parks they visit, particularly if it is not listed or no recent reports.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 419154

Reply By: Selina V - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 20:15

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2010 at 20:15
Thanks for those sites, I had been to both. As was said, there are some that need updating on both. But in saying that, I had another look and found some parks I didnt know existed near me. :) Now for some further research and I'll add to the sites wherever I end up.
AnswerID: 419164

Sponsored Links