Lightforce Genesis Lights

Howdy all, i noticed that the Lightforce Genesis lights have been out for about a month now. Now these lights were supposed to be released about 2 years ago, but for some unknown reason, they werent up to scratch at the time.

They were a very highly discussed and much anticipated light, and there were alot of people on alot of forums waiting to get there hands on them. Now my question is, Does anyone have a set?

There has been no discussion anywhere about them since there release. Very bizarre as i thought they would of sold like hot cakes. I was very interested in them but the lack of interest from others who are diehard Lightforce fans on other forums seems to indicate they might be crap.

Anyone care to share there thoughts on the Genesis.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ptnuske - Wednesday, Jun 02, 2010 at 15:29

Wednesday, Jun 02, 2010 at 15:29
I too waited for a long time for these lights Muntoo.

I have been told by 3 seperate sources now that the spread beam is terrible and will be discontinued by the end of the year, a spread filter will be avaliable shortly.

I tried a set of these on my ARB bullbar on a 76 Cruiser and they fit perfect, this is was I was waiting for. The 170's look a bit lost on the bar and the 240's were too big!!

So.......I have ordered 2 spots and will get a spread filter as soon as thy come out. Should have them by the end of the week and fit them this weekend. Will let you know what I think of them.
AnswerID: 419242

Follow Up By: Muntoo - Wednesday, Jun 02, 2010 at 16:46

Wednesday, Jun 02, 2010 at 16:46
No worries. Yeah i thought the spread beam would be the big problem, as we all know they are the king of the spot beam so that should have been no drama. The spread beam filter for my 240 Blitz wasnt much good though so be wary of them filters.
FollowupID: 689411

Follow Up By: Mark Howlett - Wednesday, Jun 02, 2010 at 22:32

Wednesday, Jun 02, 2010 at 22:32
I've actually put 2 of the combo filters on my 240 Blitz's after initially having just the one. They still have a 'spot' down the road and I find the spread great. We have scores of Kangaroos out our way and the last stretch of road has grass and bush right on the roads edge which they light up brilliantly- I can't fault them!

Mark.
FollowupID: 689464

Sponsored Links