car hiring without reservation Brisbane and Perth (Broome)

Submitted: Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 09:09
ThreadID: 79053 Views:3321 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi,
i visit Australia the 6th time end of this year, every time we visited was end december to mid of january.

last year we had hired the car but the time in Brisbane area was rainy.

so my question: is it necessary to make a reservation long in advance or are 4x4 cars available for hiring to comparable prices?

please let me know and please tell me prices for the period of the year.

our places to visit this year are: fraser island, uluru and broome with cape leveuque and back to perth via pilbara.

wolfgang
Austria
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DEANO WA - Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 11:55

Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 11:55
you would be best off emailing the different car rental companies in the area you are going to get the information you require.
AnswerID: 419508

Reply By: Member - Mark (Tamworth NSW) - Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 12:41

Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 12:41
Wolfgang

I can't comment about Broome, but I would have thought that 1-2 weeks would be ample notice for Brisbane and or Perth.
Major hire companies are Avis, Budget, Thrifty, Eurocar.
AnswerID: 419518

Reply By: Member - TonBon (NSW) - Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 13:22

Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 13:22
Hi Wolfgang,

Firstly, welcome back for when you come, i hope you are shown the hospitality that you and all visitors to our beautiful country deserve.

You could also try Sargent Sargent but please, if you are going to go four wheel driving, please take the time to get yourself familiar with proper use of a 4x4 in the various conditions you will be traveling in especially on recovery techniques, cargo loading and road conditions.

Let people know your itinerary and make sure you have sufficient communications and emergency equipment if you will traveling remotely.

But most of all, have fun and welcome back.
AnswerID: 419526

Reply By: rocco2010 - Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 23:37

Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 23:37
Gidday

Just back from 4 weeks in Britain ... and isnt that a motoring experience!

When planning our trip we found that the major car hire companies there offered fairly good disounts (like around 10 per cent) if you booked and paid in advance.

I don't know if the same applies here and it may not suit everyone, but if you can get your dates set in stone get on the net and see what sort of a deal you can get.

Cheers

Rocco

AnswerID: 419599

Sponsored Links