Tyre Update - Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour

Submitted: Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 15:45
ThreadID: 79060 Views:3588 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Bought these in mid 07 for the Prado. At the time I was looking at BFG but they didn't have them with the 17" rim. Took the Silent Armour as second choice - even though the 4x4 magazine didn't rated them too highly.

Well - they have been to the Cape and back. Performed great in the sand. Crawled all over rocky tracks. Dunno about mud. One puncture to a screw on the highway. I am about to change them in the next month or so. Best part - they have done 80.000 k and still have a few to go !! Can't complain about that.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Hunjy (NSW) - Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 20:10

Friday, Jun 04, 2010 at 20:10
Deserter
I have had 6 of them on since Dec 06 and are fantastic in the sand, average in the mud, great outback touring pre 60,000km's with not a problem, after that I have blown 3 tyres in 5 months all of them to a slow leak caused by a sharp rocks on outback roads that was not noticed until almost flat (by that time they were pulped on the inside and unusable) and all 3 of them on the passenger rear.
Causes for failure in my opinion were overloaded car around 4 tonne non towing and not using a TPMS. speed and tyre pressure in my opinion were not huge factors
They Don't seem to like weight on them when they wear down a bit.
Ditched the last 3 tyres at 80,000km's where they still had 7mm of tread left, down from 13mm at new.
Yes I would recommend them to others who travel lighter than us.

cheers
Mal
AnswerID: 419579

Sponsored Links