80 series 1hz water pump removal

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 05, 2010 at 11:05
ThreadID: 79082 Views:9544 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

Hi all, im in the process of replacing my water pump on my 80 series diesel 1hz and was wondering if the timing case is easy to get off? the case looks to be two piece also does the rocker cover have to come off also? any help would be great. Cheers . Troy.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Wayne B (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 05, 2010 at 12:15

Saturday, Jun 05, 2010 at 12:15
1 Disconnect Lower Radiator Hose
2. Remove Fan and Fan Clutch Need to remove radiator Cowling as well
3. Remove Drive Belt Pully from Water Pump
4. Remove Plastic timing belt cover (3 bolts and 3 clips)
5. Remove Timing Belt and Idler Pully
6. Remove Alternator adjustment Bracket
7. Remove Water Pump May need to lever it away from Block. Ensure all bolts are removed first.

No Need to remove rocker cover or

Cheers
Wayne Bell
AnswerID: 419633

Reply By: taswegian - Saturday, Jun 05, 2010 at 12:15

Saturday, Jun 05, 2010 at 12:15
Buzzzy,

The rocker cover does not have to come off, Slacken altenator belts, remove fan & radiator cowle the covers have both clips and bollts.

Cheers, Tassie.
AnswerID: 419634

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Saturday, Jun 05, 2010 at 15:18

Saturday, Jun 05, 2010 at 15:18
Hi Troy. I just replaced one of these a week ago on a factory turbo. The timing cover is in two pieces so the top section comes away after you remove 5 bolts. It does match into the front of the tappet cover so you may have to loosen the front half of the tappet cover bolts. The timing cover will be really stuck to the block face so be careful it doesn't break when trying to prise it out.It also has 2 locating dowls behind the top bolts. The timing belt, tensioner and top sprocket, (cam sprocket) all have to come off as well. Take note of the timing marks and the cam sprocket is on a taper with a key. Make sure all is clean when refitting and seal it well with good quality silastic when reassembling. I lay all my parts out in order of removal and instal them in the reverse. Good luck. Bob.

AnswerID: 419654

Sponsored Links