Accomodation for the queen and loyal subjects.

The time is right to take the plunge and look at buying a caravan.

Budget is $20-25K. Doesn't need to be an off-roader, but a tough on road unit will probably do. What's the big deal I hear you ask....well, let me tell you.

The queen has specified it must be a solid sided van, no camper trailers. Prefer poptop, no greater than about 15 foot (space at home is limited and don't want to tow half the house around). OK so what's so hard about finding one? Well...... it must sleep 5. The number of beds required is the clincher. Kids are still small so could bunk them together but 5 berths seem to be hard to find or am I just looking in the wrong spot?

Doesn't need a fancy kitchen or big indoor sitting area, kind of just want to use it as a sleeping box. Have considered buying one and gutting the insides to install a tripple bunk. Is this a good idea? Has anyone done it?

Ideas please....I need to strike while the iron is hot.
Cheers...Fab.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: 4X4Treker - Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 22:17

Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 22:17
http://www.motorsm.com/aus/caravans/used/display.asp?aid=2964

Just did a google search
AnswerID: 420389

Reply By: landed eagle - Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 22:25

Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 22:25
Jayco 16' outback expanda could be a possibilty. Queen size bed each end and two bunks in the middle on one wall. I know you said a TOUGH onroader,but my outback expanda has done over 10000 kms in its first year of life and nothing has gone wrong with it.Performed faultlessly!

Good thing about them is the 16' is all living space. When expanded,which takes 5 mins, the van is 22 1/2 feet long.The older models dont have the hardlids though,so set up would take longer if deploying the bedflies.
AnswerID: 420390

Sponsored Links