Returned from Karijini Millstream.

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 10, 2010 at 19:48
ThreadID: 79231 Views:3123 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Back from our trip that took us through Murchison and Gascoyne Junction to the Kennedy Ranges then onto the coast at Warroora before then going to Karijini then Millstream and back to the coast at Point Samson then south to Exmouth to catch a few fish to take home with us.We towed our off road Coromal 401 and had no problems on the dirt roads which were in fairly good condition.Because it was early in the season it was quite at both Karijini and Millstream and in fact we were the only campers at Millstream for two of our three nights except for the camp hosts.

Can recommend the 401 for anyone looking for a good value small van.Handled the dirt very well ,and no dust issues as we simply taped up the fridge vents as had not had time before we left to make permanent covers.We just put frozen milk bottles in the fridge instead of using 12 volt while driving.

Cheers Graeme.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Abraxxas - Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:51

Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:51
Hi Graeme. Thanks for the report. We are intending to go over much of the same ground that you took, starting the week week after next. Can you tell me if you used the road from Yalgoo-Murchison-Gascoyne Junction or did you pick up the road to Murchison settlement at Mullewa? From your comments, the road was is pretty good condition?

Regards,
Paul S
AnswerID: 420430

Follow Up By: Member - graeme W (WA) - Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:24

Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:24
Hi Paul.Stayed the first night at Caolseam near Mullewa then stayed a couple of nights at Bigimia Station right on the Gascoyne river instead of camping at the Kennedy ranges and glad we did.There were a few pools of water in the river with lots of bird life etc and they have a good set up with showers and camp kitchen.
Were looking forward to the Dingoes at Karijini but DEC have got rid of them.There were about 30 in the end stealing shoes , food etc but i would of thought they could have left a few.
Dirt roads were mostly in good condition and we were able to cruise at 80 klms an hour most times.The odd wash out etc .
The driest ive ever seen that country and most stations in the area are feedinghay and transporting stock south
Cheers Graeme.
FollowupID: 690599

Follow Up By: Abraxxas - Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 13:06

Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 13:06
Thanx Graeme.....Would you mind calling me on 0438858850 [I will call you straight back] when you have a moment? Regards, ps
FollowupID: 690612

Follow Up By: Red Tail Black (WA) - Saturday, Jun 12, 2010 at 01:53

Saturday, Jun 12, 2010 at 01:53
Hi Graemem.
Dig you meet anyone who had come from Mt Augustus into Karijini I'm trying to get Dooley Rd conditions.
Cheers
FollowupID: 690697

Follow Up By: get outmore - Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 01:12

Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 01:12
that road is a smidge rougher than the others due to some creek crossings and rocky parts on hills

still a damn site better than the roads we had on the Eyre Penninsula and people towed vans down those
FollowupID: 690773

Sponsored Links