Aftermarket Chrome Trim on a Hilux

Submitted: Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 18:18
ThreadID: 79250 Views:4456 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Driving through Cairns last week I saw a BLACK dual cab Hilux (current shape). Black always looks good when it's clean and polished, which this was.

It had the most chrome bling I have ever seen on a Hilux. Chrome surrounds for the door handles, chrome wings design around the tailgate handle, and much much much more.

I've tried Google with limited success.

Where do people buy all this aftermarket chrome bling in Australia?

I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Shane D (QLD) - Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 18:36

Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 18:36
He may well have got the hilux's own parts chromed.
He also maybe handy with a plasma cutter to be able to shape up some plate to create wings

Shane
AnswerID: 420466

Reply By: Member - TonBon (NSW) - Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 19:01

Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 19:01
Or he may have shopped Ebay Hilux Chrome on Ebay
AnswerID: 420468

Reply By: Muntoo - Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 20:13

Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 20:13
Most likely the crap trims on Ebay that are held there with tape. When ya see this sort of stuff on a 4wd ya know its never seen corrugations before.
AnswerID: 420480

Reply By: Muddy doe (SA) - Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 22:30

Friday, Jun 11, 2010 at 22:30
A lot of this stuff comes from the Japanese domestic market where dressing up cars is pretty popular. Even production cars over there are much more "dressed up" that we would ever see here.

Sitting in car park the other day in our Prado I saw another 120 Prado pull in with Bling everywhere...

So many of the trim parts had been replaced with fully chromed parts and and also embedded LED lighting. All 4 door handles as well as the wing mirrors had LED orange turn indicator repeaters in them and the fuel filler door was also aftermarket with "4WD" printed on it as well as that Rivetted design around the outside that is pretty popular (think Audi TT). The wiring to get power to all that LED lighting must have cost a bomb alone. The front grill was totally aftermarket with chrome and LED's.

Gawd it looked like a dogs breakfast! Bet the owner thought it looked pretty schmick though...

Cheers
Muddy

AnswerID: 420487

Sponsored Links