Reversing cameras

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 12, 2010 at 14:48
ThreadID: 79271 Views:2329 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
About to pick up a new off road Coromal in Brisbane can anyone point me in the right direction for a good quality reversing camera one that shows half the screen on the rear vision mirror?? What are the pit falls to look out for?
I am no techno geek
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alan H (QLD) - Saturday, Jun 12, 2010 at 16:05

Saturday, Jun 12, 2010 at 16:05
Are you wanting reversing or fulltime rear vision????

Alan
AnswerID: 420533

Follow Up By: Nashy3 - Saturday, Jun 12, 2010 at 17:44

Saturday, Jun 12, 2010 at 17:44
Probably full time behind the caravan and backing for the car, is that do able?
FollowupID: 690739

Reply By: Member - Patrick (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 05:09

Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 05:09
One of the business members of Exploroz is ABR, They are very good with reversing cameras. Contact Dereck for more info.

Patrick

AnswerID: 420589

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 10:22

Sunday, Jun 13, 2010 at 10:22
I would not waste my money on a reversing mirror screen

The camera part cannot overcome the reflection in the mirror.

I have tried all sorts including that and now use a Polaris screen on the dash that supports two cameras.

I even tried getting matt finish plastic film to cover that part of the mirror.
Was not a success.

My Cruiser has very dark tint on the side and rear windows and its still got too much refection for the screen.

Its your money but I would suggest you Google "Safety Dave" or "Sidewinder" and talk to them about it.

My mirror screen is still there but I disconnected the power and just use it as a rear view mirror.

Another thing they are bigger and heavier and on bumps etc they tend to drop with their own weight.

I had to make up a little clip that hooked over edge of the roof console and held the lower edge of the mirror from dropping.

AnswerID: 420609

Reply By: Member - Alan H (QLD) - Monday, Jun 14, 2010 at 08:19

Monday, Jun 14, 2010 at 08:19
We have a camera on the rear of the vehicle which is activated when in reverse on the screen in our dash (built in navigator)

We also have a separate camera on the back of the van for constant rear vision which is permanently on in a small screen stuck on the windscreen for this purpose.

I find them both great assets when using the van. Small cars can sit close behind the van without showing in any mirrors but the camera sees them.

I remove the extra screen when using the camper trailer.

On the van we have a 12 pin plug with the video going through this connection.
The 12 pin socket on the vehicle takes the 12 pin for the van or the flat 7 pin for the camper trailer.

Lots of possibilities.

Alan
AnswerID: 420722

Sponsored Links