big desert this weekend

not long got home from a great weekend up in the Big Desert .
one 4wd an 2 dirt bikes . sitting at the intersection of the Murrayville tk
Milmed Rock tk . a group of about 6 vehicles arrived and as they turned into Milmed Rock tk . one of the vehicles asked their leader should we lock our front hubs in ? the reply , a woman . no you won,t need to , I couldn,t help myself . I commented that when you get to the deep sand you will . her reply was .thats what Max Trax are for !! I said if you lock ya hubs in you won,t need the Max Trax . no answer , then another of the vehicles aksed do we let our tyres down or stay with highway pressures . her reply was again .you won,t need to . once again I chipped in and said you will when you get into the sand ,
let them down . then 3 of the group all said in a nice voice where gunna let ours down one after the other , Does that tell ya how the dunes get so chopped up from wheel spinning with attitudes like that or did I get it wrong .
The other thing that was annoying . people who you meet coming from the opposite direction , stop on the track and refuse to move over and make it easy for both vehicles to pass , what haapened to comon courtesy an manners
a good weekend but
mechpete .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter Horne [Krakka] - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2010 at 14:10

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2010 at 14:10
You pretty well summed it all up, clowns with no idea. Years ago we were airing down at 42 mile xing when a ute full of yobbos laughed at us as they blasted past with highway pressures, they got up over the hill and to the beach ok, but as soon as they turned right, onto the beach all the momentum was washed off and they went no further. Hahaha
AnswerID: 420892

Sponsored Links