Orange or Kysonix TMPS owners

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 16, 2010 at 18:24
ThreadID: 79408 Views:3134 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
There was a post last year sometime on these systems and I'm sure a few had it installed or on order - 'Mike DID', 'Graham H' ?

I'm looking for feedback from people who have it installed on their caravan or camper.

1. Is the distance between car and trailer a problem with reception?
2. Would steel wheels further weaken the signal?
3. If I buy two of the 4 wheel systems will they interfere with each other?

Cheers
John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Lionel A (WA) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 17:14

Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 17:14
Giday John, sorry cant answer your question but am wondering what it is that you are talking about.

Cheers......Lionel.
AnswerID: 421211

Follow Up By: RovingOz (QLD) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 20:14

Thursday, Jun 17, 2010 at 20:14
Sorry, they're Tyre Pressure Monitoring Systems. Should have read TPMS.

Link to Orange TPMS

John
FollowupID: 691550

Follow Up By: Member - Lionel A (WA) - Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 13:36

Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 13:36
OK thanks mate, would also be interested in responses.

Cheers......Lionel.
FollowupID: 691624

Reply By: Gone Bush (WA) - Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 14:23

Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 14:23
Hullo John, long time no speak. How's the new van progressing?

I can't comment on the specific brand but I can say that my two sets of Tyredogs, one for the Cruiser, one for the van, are a mixed bag.

The sensors on the van do not register, reliably, with the receiver display on the dash.

When we get home I will be upgrading to the correct kit with the relay.

I think there's just too much metal for the signal to get past.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's some regulation determining the power output of the sensors and that you will find the same thing using two sets designed for vehicles only.

cheers
I'm glad I ain't too scared to be lazy
- Augustus McCrae (Lonesome Dove)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 421305

Follow Up By: RovingOz (QLD) - Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 15:39

Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 15:39
G'day Stephen, they should be starting the chassis soon, going to be a nice unit. We saw the first one they did in the flesh and it was 1st class. Having the new Truma gas blow heater on this one, no more carrying diesel as with the Webasto.

I've since seen the TPMS units with the booster relays. This Kysonix brand look good but just need to find out if they do a relay.

Cheers
John
FollowupID: 691656

Reply By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 17:34

Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 17:34
Mine are Kysonix Securtire TPMS
To answer your questions

1 It was, on the Roadstar but I bought a relay box which made it better It was at the front of the van and is now in the battery box of the Princeton which doeant actually seem to need it.

2 Its probably not the wheels but the amount of metal in the van Both mine have Mags. I shifted the screen in the car but it actually was worse in the centre of the dash than at extreme R/H side

3 Why buy 2 when you can buy the Kysonix set up for up to 24 wheels if you want to
Each sender is specific to the correct wheel and I had to send a diagram and they set it up at the factory for me. It shows up in the correct order on the screen.

I also got two spare senders which you can "learn " them to a wheel "ONCE"

The batteries for the senders are horrendously priced here Like $15 each.

I bought 10 from the US on Ebay for $18 post included.

The unit works ok Takes about 3 k to get going in the morning as they go to sleep with no movement.

HAd it on some rough roads and tracks and they have survived for 50,000k so far.
I think there is a pic of the screen in my profile. All up with the relay cost me about $500. Saved its cost twice.

MM me if you want their email address.

AnswerID: 421327

Follow Up By: Member - Graham H (QLD) - Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 17:38

Friday, Jun 18, 2010 at 17:38
Read your response and yes they do a relay In fact several different ones for trucks etc.

Mine as I said sits at the front of the battery box and is connected to one battery with an on off switch.

I just turn it on when travelling. It did help in the Roadstar but seems the Coromal doesnt need it as I forgot to turn it on and they still showed up OK.

FollowupID: 691683

Sponsored Links