TAILOR LIMITS ON FRASER ISLAND

Submitted: Thursday, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:00
ThreadID: 795 Views:3974 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I hope many of you are aware but it is proposed to set a 20 bag limit of Tailor in your possession at any time on Fraser Island. Commercial Fishermen are limited to 120tonnes per season and the extension of the September closure to cover additionally all of August. I know I need a question. Do you care about Tailor Fishing get your Regulatory Impact Statement from www.dpi.gld.gov.au and search using TAILOR. Your comment has to be in before the 15-3-2002
Kev
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: porl - Thursday, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:00

Thursday, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:00
So you all also know tailor tastes like crap if its not fresh, and since 20 tailor convert to 40 fillets and no-one except guiness book of record wannabees can consume 40 breeding size tailor fillets in a day (or would want to) i suggest you support the bag limit. Do object, however to the continuance of commercial tailor fishing where entire schools will be ripped out of the ocean and sent to NSW to sell for a price less than cat food (why don't they harvest feral cats ?). Also, the month extension of the ban is only in respect of a very limited area where they are known to breed - why would anyone want to object to that ? I don't.

I like catching three or four tailor, a family can't eat more than that in a day.

This whole issue arose because a bunch of f#$%cking w$#%nkers from a fishing club in brissy went to Moreton Island and caught a few hundred tailor between three or four of them - and probably took away enough to feed their cat for a few years, then left the whole carcasses of around 300 tailor on the beach to rot.

Go the 20 bag limit, and don't forget to lobby for another hundred ranger appointments to enforce it.

AnswerID: 2235

Follow Up By: Grant Taylor - Thursday, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:00

Right on, Porl!!!!! Here in WA the bag limit is 8. If you can eat more than that..........you must have a very big family. Also, if you enjoy catching fish and have reached your bag, why not crush the barbs on your hooks and do some catch and release. Leave some for our kids,kids,kids.
FollowupID: 790

Follow Up By: Taj - Thursday, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:00

Where do I sign to support this new ruling.
FollowupID: 791

Reply By: bazza - Tuesday, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:00

Tuesday, Mar 12, 2002 at 01:00
During the eight years I lived in W.A. The summer evenings with the family fishing for Tailor with bag limits so everyone could catch a fish is one of my best memories from the west. As for the commercial fishers. Why don't they have to replant what they reap like any farmer?
AnswerID: 2364

Sponsored Links