Race to Wiluna

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 16:32
ThreadID: 79510 Views:3169 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Unfortunate circumstances with TJM closure and getting my Tvan serviced in time, plus reconfiguring my tow hitch after having a suspension lift done, I have unfortunately missed out on the trip across the Anne Beadell Hyway. I will be setting off early in the morning headed to Pt Augusta and the Nullarbor and then Kalgoorlie and Wiluna Wiluna. Howard, Richard W and Scrubby and the others will be leaving Coober Pedy to cross the Anne Beadell Hyway around the same time. I hope to meet up with them on the Goldfields Hyway for the last leg into Wiluna. I will have a week to do the trip, while they will be spending five to six days to cross the A B Hyway. See you all there.... Steve...

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - ken b (QLD) - Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 18:00

Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 18:00
hi steve. the wife and i are camped at mt magnet,at the moment,having a look around. we are slowly heading over to leinster,then on to wiluna. there has been afair bit of rain,here over the last few days,and its "FREEZING" here at night time. "SEE YA THERE" kenb
AnswerID: 421568

Follow Up By: Member - steve. B... (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 18:24

Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 18:24
Hi Ken. I will be having a few cool nights as well, being more south than you two. Rug up well and have a safe trip. SteveB.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 691938

Reply By: Member Dick (Int) - Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 20:02

Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 20:02
Hi Steve

I think you are probably fortunate to be not going across the Anne Beadell at this time, and you should beat Howard and his group to Wiluna. We went out about 200km last week and the road was in very bad condition with corrugations making for slow travel. A few other vehicles on the track were also finding the going very hard. Here is a pic of a typical section.

Image Could Not Be Found

We had to abort the trip as we were losing 4WD in the Troopy which made the sand hard work. We made it safely back to Newcastle and a new Transfer Case is on it's way from Japan, but unfortunately too late to make it to Wiluna.

Hope you have a great trip.

Dick

Cheers
Dick

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 421583

Follow Up By: Navigator 1 (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 21:47

Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 21:47
Sorry you are not going to make it to Wiluna. Hope to catch up another time.
Rob
The outback calls

FollowupID: 691980

Reply By: Robin Miller - Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 20:25

Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 20:25
Have a good trip Steve - we (well its just me) will also be heading off about 4am Monday , probably stopping at Mambrey creek south of PT Aug , enjoying the sound of passing trucks and trains all to-morrow night .

Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 421589

Reply By: Richard W (NSW) - Monday, Jun 21, 2010 at 06:40

Monday, Jun 21, 2010 at 06:40
Steve,

Currently at Coober Pedy with Howard, Scrubby and co.
Leaving today via the Anne Beadell a day earlier than originally planned so we can take it a bit easier. Scrubby and his mob are leaving tomorrow and will probably catch us. Weather is fine but a few showers predicted. See you in Wiluna.
AnswerID: 421613

Follow Up By: Member - steve. B... (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 22, 2010 at 20:35

Tuesday, Jun 22, 2010 at 20:35
Thanks all. Tuesday 21 made it as far as Broken Hill. I am a leg behind the others but the Bitumen and a fair wind will be in my favour. Heading for Ceduna tomorrow Wednesday. Taking it easy though. Steve.B...

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 692188

Sponsored Links