Removing solar regulator

Hi guys, I am about to purchase a folding 160w solar panel and would like to know the following:

How do you go about removing the regulator from the back of the solar panel so that It can mounted closer to the batteries?

Most of the panels being sold seem to have juta or cmp branded regulators, are these any good or should they be replaced with a better quality unit?

Thanks, tim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Injected - Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 22:41

Sunday, Jun 20, 2010 at 22:41
I beleive that they are glued on with silicone or sikaflex, could probably get a knife under it and cut the glue.
Havent had any experience with JUTA or CMP. I suppose its what you want out of the unit as in digital read outs etc
Cheers.
AnswerID: 421608

Reply By: Signman - Monday, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:11

Monday, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:11
Just gooed on with silicone. Start with a Stanley knife and finish with a sharp paint scraper.
If it's the reg. with just idiot lights- replace with a reputable one with a read-out.

AnswerID: 421626

Reply By: Mandrake's Solar Power- Monday, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:25

Monday, Jun 21, 2010 at 10:25
Juta and CMP are made by the same "reputable" company in China - Harbin Hopeful Star - www.jutasolar.com - is their website -

It is also possible to purchase 2 X 80 watt Kits with a controller ( MPPT ) that is not attached to the panels ..

refer to my profile / website .

Cheers

Steve
AnswerID: 421629

Sponsored Links