Heading Off - Outback Qld & Gulf Savannah

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 22, 2010 at 14:44
ThreadID: 79544 Views:3329 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived

Related Pages

We are heading off this weekend for a four week trip through far Western Queensland, and into the Gulf Savannah. This will be a similar trip to one we undertook in 2004 and covered in my blog post (Blog - Outback Qld & Gulf Savannah).

We’re looking forward to the trip especially the visit to King Fisher Camp just north of Lawn Hill, which should be open from this weekend (spoke to them yesterday).

I’m hoping to do some Trek Notes for a couple of the National Parks along the way, we’ll see how we go!

If you see ‘The Landy’ out and about give us a shout........

Cheers, The Landy

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Jun 22, 2010 at 15:29

Tuesday, Jun 22, 2010 at 15:29
Landy,

Are you going to set up an EO trackMe Device??

Sounds like a great trip.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 421747

Follow Up By: The Landy - Tuesday, Jun 22, 2010 at 22:50

Tuesday, Jun 22, 2010 at 22:50
I might just have a look at that for the next trip....looks like a great tool.

Cheers, The Landy
FollowupID: 692206

Follow Up By: Sir Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 17:21

Wednesday, Jun 23, 2010 at 17:21
mmmmmmmmmmm Looks like you have it up and running, there will be no hiding now LOL

Even Ross H can't hide on his trip, as it appears that he has taken his missan swimming hehehe

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 692248

Reply By: time waster - Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 06:13

Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 06:13
Thats great Landy about Kingfisher as we are in Cloncurry heading to Lawn Hill in the next day or two then to Kingfisher Camp. I spoke to her last week and it was still closed so thats great they have opened.

Is the track open from Lawn Hill to Kingfisher or just from the North open at this stage.

We will keep an eye out for you. We are in a silver D/Cab Hilux towing an outback expanda jayco with stone stomper on the canopy windows and an ExploreOz sticker on the wind deflector on the roof.

Christian
AnswerID: 421931

Follow Up By: The Landy - Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 06:20

Thursday, Jun 24, 2010 at 06:20
Hi Christian

I understand they will be open from this Saturday and access should be available from both the North and South. They came from the North and it took them 2 hours to cover 70 klms, and apparently it is similar from the South with a couple of creek crossings.

We plan on spending a fews days at Adels Grove around 9 July, and then on to Kingfisher. We'll keep an eye out for you.

Cheers, The Landy
FollowupID: 692304

Follow Up By: Graham & Ann - Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 19:52

Tuesday, Jun 29, 2010 at 19:52
Looking forward to everyones comments of the trip from Lawn Hill into KFC as we're looking that trip next winter, (and on up the Savannah Way to Roper Bar and onwards) while I understand the creek/river crossings (as do the roads) change all the time your feedback will be much appreciated.

Wondering what size your Expanda is time waster?
FollowupID: 692900

Sponsored Links